New member moving to Orlando, Florida in July 2016

New member moving to Orlando, Florida in July 2016

Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote

i am looking for an investor for my first flip once i move to florida in july  if anyone has any information let me know  i am currently a correctional officer but i am going to be obtaining my real estate license and property management cert once i get to florida in July  my interest has to do with flipping and also own to rent on real estate  

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
10y

Hello @William Coombs welcome to Bigger Pockets. We also welcome you to the Orlando area. Make sure you check out our local real estate investment groups. CFRI and GoREIA. They are a great place to learn and make contacts. 

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets William and good luck investing!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 139 posts · 106 votes
    10y

    @William Coombs If you would like to sit down once you get to Florida and discuss how to get started in investing, please don't hesitate to reach out.  Best of Luck!

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thank you for responding and I will be in touch once I get settled.  Again Thank You.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    @Dan Oliver

    Whats the catch? :) 

    I'm in Orlando and considering picking up a multifamily investment if buying a home for our selves does not work out. At this point I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this info and learn as much as I can. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Windsor, CT · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 268 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets!

  • Investor · Kissimmee, FL · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets !!

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    William,

    Welcome to BP and the Sunshine State. If you end up in the Central Florida area, feel free to look me up and I would be happy to help you get settled in. FYI, I am a full time investor and Realtor as well.

    To your success!

  • Real Estate Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP. I lived in Orlando for several years right before the big '08 burst. I remember being new construction left and right, and prices being much better than South Florida. I would love to hear how the rental market is doing now there. 

    I think I was renting a home there (with several friends) for about $1500/mth back then. 

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 139 posts · 106 votes
    10y

    @Paul Gilo Good morning.  I'm not sure what you mean by "what is the catch?" I would be happy to discuss how the process works with you and answer any questions you may have.

  • Lender · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    Hello William,

    Congratulation on making the decision to move to Orlando! It's really a great area. When first starting in Real Estate, you're introduced to a lot of new concepts. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

    We'd love to work with you on deals in the future.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @William Coombs

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
    10y

    Hello @William Coombs welcome to Bigger Pockets. We also welcome you to the Orlando area. Make sure you check out our local real estate investment groups. CFRI and GoREIA. They are a great place to learn and make contacts. 

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    10y

    Hey @William Coombs, welcome to BP and a future welcome to the Orlando investing community!

    Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of BP and kickstart your investing career:

    Start here. You'll get a wealth of REI knowledge and learn how to take full advantage of Bigger Pockets (including how to connect with other local investors).

    Listen to the podcasts , get active on the forums & set up key word alerts to be notified when people are discussing topics you're interested in.

    Check out the webinars, they are very informative, and there’s usually a new one every week.

    I would definitely follow @John Kent's advice and plug in to the local investing groups.  It's a great to meet other investors.

    I wish you all the best William!

  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2015 · 516 posts · 152 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the Sunshine State...

    As you can see, there are a number of us here that are always willing to help.

    Just ask,,, there is no such thing as a silly question.

    John Rogers
    Florida Trust Realty

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    @Dan Oliver - I guess the cynical side of me spoke out before thinking. :) In my past experience, ppl have only done things looking out for their best interest. But quite honestly, biggerpockets forum gives me hope in humanity... amazing ppl that are willing to help each other to make money and become financially secure. that is pretty awesome.  .. sorry if tats too deep :) haha   Perhaps once I get situated with where I will be living, we can get together and talk investment, if your still up for it :)

    @John Kent - how do i get in touch with the investment groups you mentioned? google?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 139 posts · 106 votes
    10y

    @Paul GiloI would  be more than happy to get together and talk with you about investments anytime.  Have a great weekend

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.