New Member in the Lafayette, LA Marketplace

New Member in the Lafayette, LA Marketplace

Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hey guys, my name is Tyler Rogers. I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. I am joining in hopes of learning the ins and outs of flipping houses and rental properties before I jump in and try things out in the next few years.

My background is in accounting, so I am pretty good with the numbers side. I also follow the local real estate market pretty heavily, since my wife is a real estate agent, so I feel that I have a pretty good sense of what's going on locally in the market.

If anyone is in the same market, feel free to contact me with some advice!

0Reply
20 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Boonsboro, MD · Member since 2011 · 137 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Welcome Tyler to the BP Community!  Wishing both you and your wife great success in the real estate realm!

  • Investor · Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 915 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Tyler Rogers!  Sorry your too late.  You missed all of the opportunities and now you will have to wait until a market correction happens to start investing.  :-(

    Just kidding ;-)  LOL!  You will hear all kind of stuff from people when you talk about investing and the market and timing and all that.  Mostly bad information from "conventional wisdom."  It's always a good time to buy, when you buy right!

    Glad you found the site and I hope to see you around town and here on BP!

  • Certified Public Accountant (CPA) · COOPER CITY, FL · Member since 2015 · 126 posts · 36 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Tyler Rogers:

    Hey guys, my name is Tyler Rogers. I live in Lafayette, Louisiana. I am joining in hopes of learning the ins and outs of flipping houses and rental properties before I jump in and try things out in the next few years.

    My background is in accounting, so I am pretty good with the numbers side. I also follow the local real estate market pretty heavily, since my wife is a real estate agent, so I feel that I have a pretty good sense of what's going on locally in the market.

    If anyone is in the same market, feel free to contact me with some advice!

    Hi Tyler, like you, I come from the accountant background and my wife and are also real estate agents. We purchased our first REI in Jan. 2015. It's been good thus far and like the people below have stated, it's all about buying right and doing the appropriate due diligence including your research on the numbers. Best of luck.

    Phil

  • Contractor · Bogart, GA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Welcome, I am new as well and learning to navigate the site and the app.  Anything we can learn to prevent a bad buy is priceless.

  • Investor · San Luis Obispo, CA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Hello Tyler... looks like I am newer than you are to both this site and to Louisiana.  I'm actually moving there from California in a few weeks for work (couple of years) and looking for a multi family unit to invest in... and probably live in one of the units.  I work in TV news so my accounting is sub par at best (we are not math people) but I just finished a seven month remodel here in California where I did most of the work myself... so I'm very handy and looking for deals and fixer uppers.  Maybe we could get a group together in the state and bounce some ideas around.

  • Investor · Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 915 votes
    10y

    Great idea @Doug Barden!  I would like to hear about your plan. Give me a call when you are ready to start learning about our market.

  • Investor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2015 · 152 posts · 50 votes
    10y

    @Tyler Rogers Welcome to BP! I am also quite new to investing in Lafayette after moving here from Houston. Hope to see you around town!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.