Just moved to San Diego, thrown into real estate

Just moved to San Diego, thrown into real estate

Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 5 votes

Hi BP community,

I have been listening to the podcasts for a few months but this is my first post on the site. I recently moved from Boston to San Diego for a job in finance after graduating from Northeastern University.

Before I moved my stepfather passed away leaving me his condo in NH. There was little equity in the condo so I decided to rent it out and start getting some hands-on experience in real estate investing. I have some money saved and am looking to expand either San Diego or southern NH.

For those in San Diego - any recommendations on people to know or clubs to join? Looking forward to learning and continuing to grow!

Regards,

Alex

0Reply
15 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent/ Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP and San Diego @Alexander Sobrado. There are a bunch of local meetups here and a lot of investors in the area. I would also suggest that you set up keyword alerts for San Diego so you can keep an eye out for any meet-up events that may be going on and the market in general.

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    Call women's invest group in Irvine and ask for an investment club in San Diego. All the best

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jo-Ann Lapin:

    Call women's invest group in Irvine and ask for an investment club in San Diego. All the best

     InvestClub for Women!

    SDCIA, NSDREI & Fibi. All great options. 

    I shared a blog post of mine that mentions all the local clubs but it got removed as "spam" I don't represent any of these clubs but rules are rules. 

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome @Alexander Sobrado!  Glad to have you.

    I would like to invite my knowledgeable SD colleague @Justin R. to say hi.  See ya around the site!

  • Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Thanks all I really appreciate it!

  • Developer · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Alexander Sobrado:

    Thanks all I really appreciate it!

    @Tim G. Has a lot going on ... looks like there's going to be a project tour early in December (perhaps it'll be a project I'm working on now).  I'd keep an ear out for that - it'd be great to meet you in person.

    FWIW, I try to attend the NSDREI monthly meetings - they're great, if a bit of a drive since they're held in Oceanside.

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 615 posts · 172 votes
    10y

    @Alexander Sobrado

    Welcome to BP. Tons to learn here..

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    I am brand new to this site and just getting started in my quest to learn about real estate. Thanks for posting this question and thanks to all those that have responded! I'm going to try and check out NSDREI!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.