Greetings from the Capital of the Golden State

Greetings from the Capital of the Golden State

Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 13 votes

Greetings all. 

My name is Frank and Im new to real estate investing. Im from Sacramento, CA but have lived all over the state. I currently have a stake in a SFR rental house (inheritance, with family members) that I've been managing for about six years. It is my goal to buy them out and purchase another home (multi-family) in the new year.

Im fairly conservative by nature so Im looking at a buy and hold approach. That said, with experience and knowledge I may, in time, entertain other real estate investing approaches. Ideally I'd like to start out purchasing real estate in the Sacramento/ central valley and then branch out from there...West Coast, Southwest, South and Italy.

I hope to gain a few things from BP.

  • A better understanding of real estate financing. (Anything other than a 30 or 15 year fixed is foreign to my family) I'd like to learn about the different financing options and their benefits and shortcomings both in general and with regards to specific types of deals.
  • Learning and networking (duh) Im here to learn from the successes, mistakes and overall experience and expertise of others in the business of real estate and to establish healthy business relationships.

Thanks everyone!

-Frank

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Hong Kong, Hong Kong · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 89 votes
10y

@Frank Lienert

Welcome to BP - besides all the good information here on BP, I would just add one tip. Quantify how much return you are looking for in the short term (cash flow) and in the long term (appreciation) and how much risk you are willing to take to achieve these returns. That  (together with budget of course) will quickly help you narrow down the cities and neighbourhoods to focus on.

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 404 posts · 421 votes
    10y

    Frank, 

    Welcome to BP. There are a handful of local real estate groups. Google Sacramento REIA for specifics and when they meet. Also, set keyword alerts for topics that interest you.

    David

  • Hong Kong, Hong Kong · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 89 votes
    10y

    @Frank Lienert

    Welcome to BP - besides all the good information here on BP, I would just add one tip. Quantify how much return you are looking for in the short term (cash flow) and in the long term (appreciation) and how much risk you are willing to take to achieve these returns. That  (together with budget of course) will quickly help you narrow down the cities and neighbourhoods to focus on.

    Good luck!

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    10y

    @Frank Lienertwelcome to bp. You can learn a lot here plus meet other investors. There are also good rei clubs in Sacramento and Roseville that you can find on meetup com

    If you ever have financing questions, you can always send me a email . I am familiar with the sacramento area also having been living around the area since the 90's

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.