Invesotor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 3 votes
My name is Houtan and I live in Toronto, Canada. I have done some investments in Canada, but now I am planning to do some investments in US market.
My goal in real estate is to do wholesale deal in Tampa area to gain some money to do buy and hold investment.
I stumble upon bigger pockets a month ago and since then I have been hooked on it. On average I spend couple of hours a day on this website and listen to podcast during my commute,. This website is the best resource out there for any investors and a best place to meet and network with other investors.
I would really like to partner up with someone in Tampa to do wholesale deals. Whatever that I can do remotely like direct marketing and phone calls, I am willing to do, but still need some boots on the ground which makes want to partner up with somebody in the area.
Please message me if you are interested and have any tips for me. Appreciate any tips from anybody that has done remote/out of state investments.
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
11y
Hi @Houtan Moravej I think that you've come to the right place to learn about real estate!
I'd encourage you to reach out to more experienced investors in your area! There is no substitute for being physically present with experienced investors.
Let me know if you need any help finding other resources to help you get started!
Real Estate Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 0 votes
11y
Hello Houtan. Welcome. Are you fixed on Tampa? Have you ever thought of doing deals in Pittsburgh, PA? I'm in Pittsburgh which is a good market. We can do joint venture deals if you're open to it.
Rental Property Investor · Marianna Florida · Member since 2011 · 357 posts · 169 votes
11y
Tampa is hot right now, and I'm not talking about the temperature - which has plummeted to the low 70s this weekend. If it goes any lower I may have to move to Miami.
I sell bank owned houses in the Tampa Bay area, but banks are not accepting assignable contracts, which is what I'm guessing you're looking for.
PM me with what you're looking for and I will see if I know anyone that co-wholesales the types of properties you need and can put you in touch with them.
Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
@Houtan Moravejah, very interesting. Cincy is a good market. I've got an apt community here and am actively investing. The thing I like most about it is the job diversity.
BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”
Invesotor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 3 votes
11y
@Jeff Morelock Thanks for your reply. Please let me know if you find any wholesalers that are looking to partner up with somebody to do co wholesaling deal.
I will message you my email so you can send me the deals that come to you that you think are good investment opportunities.
REALTOR, Investor, and Rehab Expert · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 196 posts · 74 votes
11y
@Houtan Moravej Welcome to BP! Its an absolute wealth of valuable RE investing info.
For the matter I am a local Miami investor. Interestingly enough I recently bought a 2 unit wholesale deal in Ft. Lauderdale from a wholeseller in Tampa. I can direct you to the wholeseller involved, just PM me. Anyway if Miami peaks your attention don't hesitate to contact me.
We have done business with plenty of Canadians in Florida, especially the Tampa area, but mostly in terms of helping them purchase a turnkey rental property rather than partnering on a wholesale deal.
That being said, I´m also based overseas (in Spain) and am always happy to help other international investors seeking to get plugged into the US residential markets. PM me if you would like to speak about how I got our wholesale and property flipping business up and running.
Licensed Mortgage Lender · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2014 · 98 posts · 13 votes
10y
@Houtan Moravej Welcome to the FL real estate market. I think it's great that you've done some investing in Canada to set you up for a transition to FL. At the end of the day, there isn't a large disparity in real estate investing as a whole. The only difference is being able to gauge market conditions/trends so that you are able to make the proper business decisions. As you probably know, your success can have a lot to do with the service providers you work with on each deal. Realtors (both to purchase and sell your property), title companies, insurance providers, lenders (both for you and your end buyer) are crucial to your success. You must have a good team around you that knows what they're doing to make each deal easy and worry-free. Good luck!
Invesotor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 3 votes
10y
@Marc Lavoie Thanks. We should definately share our process and methods...investing in US remotely from Canada definately brings its own challenges but its deable.