New: learning/looking to invest in Louisville, KY

New: learning/looking to invest in Louisville, KY

Former Liquor Rep (So. Cal), Current Real Estate Investing Pupil · Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I'm from Louisville, Ky and currently live in Naples, Italy with my husband who's stationed here with the Navy as an engineer. We moved from San Diego just over a year ago where we bought our first condo. It was a bank owned property and it's a beauty that we're now renting to the realtor who helped us purchase it. With time on my hands and Ben and I looking toward the future we've become more and more interested in investing. Knowledge is power and with that we've sought out books, podcasts and came upon BiggerPockets. I'm excited to see what happens from here.

1Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 202 posts · 111 votes
11y

@Danielle Carter

Welcome. Louisville is a great place to invest for sure. What part of Louisville are you from? What areas are you familiar with? What areas do you "think" you would like to invest in? I am always looking for deals and there are some I pass on that you may be interested in. You will find BP a huge resource but if you need anything particular to Louisville feel free to reach out to me.

Attorneys I use. Borders and Borders, Henry Schildknecht Attorney. There are others but those are the two I like. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2014 · 202 posts · 111 votes
    11y

    @Danielle Carter

    Welcome. Louisville is a great place to invest for sure. What part of Louisville are you from? What areas are you familiar with? What areas do you "think" you would like to invest in? I am always looking for deals and there are some I pass on that you may be interested in. You will find BP a huge resource but if you need anything particular to Louisville feel free to reach out to me.

    Attorneys I use. Borders and Borders, Henry Schildknecht Attorney. There are others but those are the two I like. 

  • James WilcoxBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    11y

    @Danielle Carter welcome to BP! You have come to the right place to learn all about REI. You should maybe try to utilize the advantages of being in the military with REI. IE VA loans. Glad to hear we have added another investor to the ranks of the BP community.

    REI James w/ eXp Realty54 Reviews
  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Danielle Carter

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Brandenburg, KY · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    First piece of advice, stay in Italy! Just kidding I'm sure visiting for a week or two is nicer on vacation than living there. My family own and develop small properties outside of Louisville. My brother have joked around about finding a "virtual assistant" and that is the kinda work you could perform overseas. I however really don't need one at this time as most of my properties are easily managed in house. But my brother spends a lot of time searching online for foreclosure s and could possible use some help. Contact me back or look him up @joseph pike for any other info. Good luck in your investing future
  • Brandenburg, KY · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    First piece of advice, stay in Italy! Just kidding I'm sure visiting for a week or two is nicer on vacation than living there. My family own and develop small properties outside of Louisville. My brother have joked around about finding a "virtual assistant" and that is the kinda work you could perform overseas. I however really don't need one at this time as most of my properties are easily managed in house. But my brother spends a lot of time searching online for foreclosure s and could possible use some help. Contact me back or look him up @joseph pike for any other info. Good luck in your investing future And sorry about the spelling errors I am having trouble with my phone at this time
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.