Excited New Member from Woodstock, Georgia

Excited New Member from Woodstock, Georgia

Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 8 votes

Hello, all. I found BiggerPockets after taking a leap away from job security and failing in my first and latest business venture (though it's going much better now). I am thrilled to be on my way to real estate investing, and really just need the spark to get out of the read-a-book, read-a-book, read-a-post, watch-a-video, attend-a-seminar, read-a-book, read-a-book cycle and get started!

0Reply
30 views

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 81 votes
    11y

    Welcome

    I am a local Marietta investor.  I recommend listening to all the podcast on Bigger pockets.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

    Daniel

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thank you so much! I will definitely do that. I think I'm somewhere in the 30s in the podcasts.

  • Investor · Taylorsville, GA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 540 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Eddie Atkinson! I'm in Kennesaw, so we're practically neighbors. I second what Daniel said - listen to podcasts, read the blogs, ask questions. BP is an amazing site and I don't think my husband and I would have ever bought our first property without the confidence we gained through BiggerPockets!

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @eddie 

    @Eddie Atkinson welcome and the best way I found to break out of that cycle initially for myself is to reach out to a real estate agent in the market I'm buying. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Villa Rica, GA · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 360 votes
    11y

    @Eddie Atkinson I live in Villa Rica, Ga. Not too far from you and I'm still looking for my first investment property. Biggerpockets is definitely the place to find all the info needed to be successful. Stay on this site and stay active. That will give you confidence. I know it gives me confidence and a great network.

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thank you! These replies to my new member post are already boosting my confidence.

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Eddie Atkinson

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets community. Be sure to check out “Learn” for all kinds of useful resources and free how to guides.

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thank you. I just started looking through that area. Very exciting, useful resources there!

  • Lender · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the BP community, @Eddie Atkinson! 

  • Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2008 · 231 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Eddie Atkinson

    We have several rentals in that area and its a great place to invest.

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thank you! That's great news.

  • Investor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hello Eddie.  

    I think we are neighbors.  I am just getting back into real estate investing after being away after a long absence.  Let me know if we can help one another.

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Thank you, Robert.

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Great! Thank you, Christian.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.