Future Real Estate Investor from Grand Rapids, Michigan

Future Real Estate Investor from Grand Rapids, Michigan

Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello!

My name is Tyson and I have been living in the Grand Rapids metro area my whole life.  As a recent graduate, I just got a "real" job and a good income.  I'm looking for investments that will give me a handsome and steady return.  And in light of Rich Dad, Poor Dad and The Richest Man in Babylon, I want my money to work for me. After discovering Bigger Pockets this year and listening to the podcasts of testimonies of ordinary people like me and hearing my relative's experiences in the field, I believe real estate is a sustainable and reliable vehicle for building wealth passively.  I love my current career (an 8-5 job), so I want to eventually build a team that will evolve into a turn-key real estate syndication. My niche is serving college age renters that want to live close to bars and colleges downtown.  I have big goals and a lot of passion about anything that I do.  Let's connect if you are in the area! 

I look forward in seeing you all in the forums!

-Tyson

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hello Tyson,

    Welcome to Biggerpockets! This site has a great amount of resources for you to learn from. I am on a similar situation as you are and joined BP few months ago. In this short time, I have only grown more passion and respect to this industry. You are definitely in the right place.

  • Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2014 · 224 posts · 129 votes
    11y
    I flip down in portage. I turn down deals because I don't have capital. If you want a good return we could partner where you fund the deal and I manage it.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Freeport, MI · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 42 votes
    11y

    Look for a 2 to 4 unit property.  You can buy it with an fha mortgage which means a very small down payment.  You have to live in one unit and can rent out the rest.  After two years you can move out and do it again.  Its a great way to get started and will help you build your team.  Trying to jump into a syndicate as you first deal is not recommended.  Start small and grow organically.

    every overnight success has years of hard work behind it

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.