New/Old Investor - Dallas, TX market

New/Old Investor - Dallas, TX market

Investor · Forney, TX · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 30 votes

Hello!! I am new to the site and coming back to real estate starting up to do investing. I have 20 years experience working in the IT field, and currently have a JOB doing just that, but some of that time I owned a consulting firm and actually got my real estate license and for 5 years listed REO properties and did some flips along the way. I have a lot of real estate experience, with a little investing experience. I am looking to build cash flow as well as flip properties. I have a good start with my background and knowledge, and I still have a lot of connections in real estate. I let my license expire in October, and am thinking of getting it back to at least be able to search MLS.

1Reply
15 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Aaron Crow~!~ Glad to see you're going to get back into the game.  Are you going to keep the J-O-B for lending and cash on hand purposes?  My wife and I are focusing on living as far below our means as we can stand (check out Mr Money Mustache for general idea) so we can sock some cash and get more long term holds as well.  It's nice that I have a decent paying W2 so I can qualify for Fannie loans.

  • Hildreth, NE · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the BP family @Aaron Crow.  Look forward to learn from you!

  • Investor · Forney, TX · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    For now I am planning to keep my JOB.  I enjoy the work and make a good salary.  It will definitely help to have that steady income to qualify for more properties.  My wife and I have done the same, we follow Dave Ramsey and have paid off our House, have no car payments or credit cards. 

  • James WilliamsPro Member
    Investor · Simpsonville · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    @Aaron Crow

     Welcome to BP, I know your previous experience will serve you well.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome @Aaron Crow it’s a pleasure to have you here! You will find this a tremendous resource for all of your real estate needs. You may want to set up some “keyword alerts” to notify the topics that interest you the most.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Investor · Forney, TX · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    Thank you, I have been reading thru posts and am excited to be a part of the group.  

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Aaron Crow

    BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

  • Frisco, TX · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    11y
    Good luck in your REI endeavors. I am also in the DFW area.
  • Investor · Forney, TX · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 30 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Trey Goodwin:
    Good luck in your REI endeavors. I am also in the DFW area.

     Thanks!  When I first got my license I was based out of Frisco. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.