New to Real Estate Investing (Tri-State/Florida)

New to Real Estate Investing (Tri-State/Florida)

Lender · NJ NY PA CT GA FL, Puerto Rico · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 111 votes

Hi All!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I just signed up for Bigger Pockets and wanted to introduce myself to the community. I currently reside in NJ and looking into real estate investing in Orlando, Florida. I am also planning to relocate to Florida within a year. I am a "CPA" (pending license), my background includes tax/accounting for Private Equity and Hedge funds. I am looking to create multiple sources of income, which would include real estate investing, and network with like minded people.  I am very excited about joining this community. I am open to learning about this industry and would want to provide value in return for expertise and knowledge.

Thank you all!

Anastasia

4Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 7 votes
11y

Hi Anastasia:

Welcome! Perfect timing! I am also new to BP and I am in the Tampa Bay market. Hopefully we can learn and come up to be monumental in this industry together. Every investor needs a good CPA, so it will be very beneficial to have that in your artillery once you are licensed. When do you expect to be fully licensed?

I hope to share ideas and learn from you soon! 


Thanks,

Jon

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Hi Anastasia:

    Welcome! Perfect timing! I am also new to BP and I am in the Tampa Bay market. Hopefully we can learn and come up to be monumental in this industry together. Every investor needs a good CPA, so it will be very beneficial to have that in your artillery once you are licensed. When do you expect to be fully licensed?

    I hope to share ideas and learn from you soon! 


    Thanks,

    Jon

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Anastasia G.

    Welcome to the site.

    Always good to have CPA's on the site.

    LOTS of tax questions around here.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Anastasia G. Find and network with local investors using find feature! http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Also, be sure to set up “keyword alerts” to notify the topics that interest you. 

    Wishing you the best!

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 551 posts · 159 votes
    11y

    Hello @Anastasia G. Welcome to BP.

    Orlando is a great place to do deals or own rentals. Using self directed retirement accounts is a growing niche for investors I can only imagine that it is a hot niche for a CPA. I am and a investor and agent in Orlando who likes to talk about real estate so feel free to connect with me I would love to have you in my network.

  • Beverly Hills, FL · Member since 2013 · 388 posts · 62 votes
    11y

    @Anastasia G.

    When you get to Orlando Folrida you might look into the local real estate group CFRI 

    It a good way to introduce your self to the local real estate community  you will find good people there willing to help 

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Anastasia G.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members which is my favorite part of the website.

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    11y

    Hey @Anastasia G., welcome to BP, we look forward to having you down in Orlando!

    Like @John Kent said, Orlando is a great investing environment, and with your background as CPA, I imagine you'll do very well.  

    I'm an active investor & agent down here, so feel free to reach out anytime.

  • Lender · NJ NY PA CT GA FL, Puerto Rico · Member since 2015 · 212 posts · 111 votes
    11y

    Thank you All for welcoming! Looking forward to new learning experiences!

  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 81 posts · 46 votes
    11y

    Welcome Anastasia!

    Enjoy the sunny weather down there in FL! My advice is to get started, don't let the fear of the unknown scare you. I'm learning a lot along the way, have those who are investor-friendly/investor-focused.

    Best of luck!

  • Professional · Central FL, FL · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    wow, there must be more re investors in FL per capita than anywhere!

    good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.