Hi, All. New to the forum, hailing form Miami, Fl.

Hi, All. New to the forum, hailing form Miami, Fl.

Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes

Hi, 

My name is Chris, my background is in law. I was a commercial real estate lawyer (mostly working on the lender side) in my home state of Indiana before getting my real estate license and moving to Miami to work with a good friend of mine at his brokerage. Looking to invest, flip, buy and sell. I genuinely love real estate and I'm excited to learn and connect with many of you. Thanks for having me!

Cheers,

Chris

0Reply
12 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Fairfax, VA · Member since 2014 · 328 posts · 101 votes
    11y

    Chris,

    Your expertise in law will prove invaluable I am sure. Good luck to you, and welcome to the site. I have found this to be an amazing community, eager to connect, share, and learn. 

    See you around!

  • Caloocan, NCR · Member since 2014 · 138 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Chris!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 557 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Chris Dilworth!

    - it's always good to see a [fromer] Hoosier utilizing this great site!

    Of course, you need to read The Ultimate Beginners Guide to REI here on BP

    If you haven’t already, please read/listen to these books ASAP!

    Rich Dad Poor Dad

    Rich Dads Cash Flow Quadrant

    Rich Dads Increase your financial IQ

    The Real Book of Real Estate

    The ABC’s of RE Investing

    The ABC’s of PM

    Rich Dad RE Tax Advantages

    The E-Myth

    The 4 Hour Work Week

    http://flip2freedomacademy.com - free e-book

    Flip2freedom episode 77[http://www.flip2freedom.com/a-3-step-formula-to-a-successful-balanced-and-insanely-profitable-2012/] - podcast - LISTEN TO THIS TODAY!

    BiggerPocketsPodCast

    Wholesaling101 You Tube Channel

    Kent Clothier – You Tube Memphs Invest channel

  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the warm welcome Favia and Carson. 

    Shawn, once a Hoosier, always a Hoosier. My heart will forever bleed Crimson. Thank you for the great and detailed information. With the development of downtown, carmel, and SoBro, you shouldn't want for opportunities to invest in Indianapolis. I'll probably come back there some day.

    Again, thanks for all the information. I've got a lot of reading to do, but I couldn't be more excited.

    Cheers!

  • Investor · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 175 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    Welcome Chris!

    Why not use your expertise in law and also practice here as well? Either way, your experience is commercial real estate law should definitely differentiate you from many other agents here in Miami!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @David O.:

    Welcome Chris!

    Why not use your expertise in law and also practice here as well? Either way, your experience is commercial real estate law should definitely differentiate you from many other agents here in Miami!!

    David, I'm taking the Florida bar in July. If I came into the right situation, I would consider practicing here, just not for a large law firm as was my previous experience. I'll more than likely use my legal knowledge as a value-add for my real estate clients - more of a consultant than a traditional "agent," if you will.   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.