A Quick Introduction from Northern Virginia

A Quick Introduction from Northern Virginia

Involved In Real Estate · Lovettsville, VA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Donald (Donnie) Peyman. For the last 13 years I was either in the Air Force or working for a defense contracting company. While the money was fine at the latter, I hated the fact I was working for someone else and I knew I was close to my salary cap at the ripe old age of 30. It was then and there I decided to get my real estate license. Considering I was working shift work, I had enough "normal business hours" off that I could tend to real estate matters as if I didn't have another job. Most people think I'm nuts for walking away from a "good" salary, but I'd rather do great on my own than sit at a desk waiting for the weekend. 

While I enjoy buying and selling for clients, (my real desire is to invest in either rentals or flip projects. I have a small background in home construction (nothing official) and actually had my first home, now rental built in 2010. So, the process of flipping including budget, timeline, and the unexpected aren't foreign to me.  As a Realtor and former analyst, I'm putting my experience and research skills to use looking for the right property as well as sorting out the early stages of funding my/our first project. 

I've been reading all the stories on the forum and have gone through every single "how-to" and plan to continue my education. No matter the level of success I will never consider myself above learning. I'm always open to discussions, ideas, thoughts or anything that can make me better. I look forward to meeting you and being a member of this forum.  

1Reply
36 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Bristow, VA · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    @Donald Peyman Good to have you here. You will find a ton of information in these forums and podcasts. Are you primarily looking for properties in Loudoun County?

  • Involved In Real Estate · Lovettsville, VA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jon Dow:

    @Donald Peyman Good to have you here. You will find a ton of information in these forums and podcasts. Are you primarily looking for properties in Loudoun County?

     I've been looking in Loudoun, but I think the margins are less here. Although, there is a difference between east and west Loudoun so, I guess it depends on which part of Loudoun. I've also been looking further east because there is a higher concentration of houses and they're typically older, but that too presents issues. I've basically set up a pretty wide search area and I focus more on the potential value.

  • Insurance Agent · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    welcome to BP & good luck

  • Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2013 · 277 posts · 78 votes
    11y

    @Donald Peyman welcome to BP! I'm an Air Force guy myself and just got started investing within the last year. It's always great to see people from our community making moves in real estate. It looks like you've got a real solid amount of experience already, so I'm sure you'll do great. Best of luck to you, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Lovettsville, VA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Tyler Flagg Thanks for the warm welcome. Are you still in the AF or have you separated? I got out back in '08, but stayed in my "field". 

  • Involved In Real Estate · Lovettsville, VA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Shyreeta Cress Thank you very much from a fellow Virginian!!!

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Donald Peyman

     Hi and welcome to BP.  Be sure to set up your Keyword Alerts!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Lovettsville, VA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Larry Fried I was unaware that there was a keyword alert function. Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look.

  • Herndon, VA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 324 votes
    11y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.