Intersted in purchasing SFR in and around Katy Area (Houston TX)

Intersted in purchasing SFR in and around Katy Area (Houston TX)

Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 8 votes

Wholesalers,

This is my first post here and I try to keep it as much complete and concise as possible.

  • I should admit that I am spending too much time going through forums discussions, listening to podcasts since I came across this forum recently & I believe by doing this exercise, I gathered so much valuable information.
  • I am interested in purchasing SFR ( around $150K) in and around Katy area near Houston in Texas.
  • I am primarily looking at properties either ‘Buy&Rehab&Hold' or ‘Buy&Hold' (like to start purchasing with 1 or 2 properties with a goal to purchase 1 SFR per month in year 2015 if we get good deals).

Please let me know if you do have any that might fit my requirement and we can go from there. Thanks for your time!!!

0Reply
12 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Welcome Bhanu to BP from a fellow Texan here in Fort Worth. 

    Good luck, and good deals,

    Eddie

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 75 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    Hello @Bhanu P. 

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Katy is a great place to own rentals. You have to take the time to find a good opportunity but there are out there. 

    If you have any questions about the housing market in Houston, let me know. Ill be happy to help. 

    Good Luck, 

  • Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 134 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    Are you working with bank financing, cash or owner finance?

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 785 posts · 190 votes
    11y

    That is a growing and booming area for sure, good choice. 

  • Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 8 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Eddie Bynum:

    Welcome Bhanu to BP from a fellow Texan here in Fort Worth. 

    Good luck, and good deals,

    Eddie

    Thanks for your wishes Eddie!!!

  • Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 8 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Alan Vieyra:

    Hello @Bhanu P. 

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Katy is a great place to own rentals. You have to take the time to find a good opportunity but there are out there. 

    If you have any questions about the housing market in Houston, let me know. Ill be happy to help. 

    Good Luck, 

    Thank you Alan and I am sending you a 'Connect' request. Please accept so that we can be in touch. Thanks again!!!

  • Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 8 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Sandra Gibson:

    Are you working with bank financing, cash or owner finance?

    I actually do both bank financing, cash in the same order of priority.

    I have not thought about owner finance so far to be honest with you. Thanks.

  • Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 8 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    That is a growing and booming area for sure, good choice. 

    Thank you!!!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cypress, TX · Member since 2013 · 822 posts · 468 votes
    11y

    Welcome @Bhanu P. ! I'm over in Cypress myself. Holler if I can ever be of assistance. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I also like the Katy area, but at the present, it looks like there are many rentals sitting on the market.   Can anyone explain this?  

  • Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 134 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    Wow….there is a lot of rentals available. They have been building massive apartment complexes everywhere. It is a slow time of year for people to be moving. Several years ago Katy houses were abundant and inexpensive, now you are competing with class A apartments and newer construction foreclosures.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.