New Investor / Flipper / Agent from Las Vegas, NV.

New Investor / Flipper / Agent from Las Vegas, NV.

Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 38 votes

Hi! My name's Ryan Pineda and I'm an investor and agent out here in Las Vegas. I've been listening to @Joshua Dorkin & @Brandon Turner on the podcast and I just wanna say they've been so great in helping me learn and get motivated to invest in real estate full time. A little background on me:

I've been a minor league baseball player since 2010. If you didn't know minor league players don't make anything. We basically either play to get the future payday in the Bigs or for the love of the game. So that being said I needed to get a job in the offseason. Well my mom had been a Realtor for over 25 years so I grew up in the business and knew it was something I could do while playing baseball. So to make a long story short I got my license in 2009 and started working as an agent in 2010. That same year I bought my first house when I was 21. I lived in it for a year and half and sold it for a nice profit after the market here in Vegas started getting hot. I ended up doing the same thing on my next house and then I got married so there was no more short term living and selling :(

So it was at this time I found BP and learned about Hard Money/ Private Money and how to go about starting a flipping business. So this January in 2015 I started my company Redeemed Pursuits, LLC with the intent on flipping but also open to buy and holds if we can get investors who want to fund that. But anyways two weeks ago we bought our first property from a wholesaler so we're hoping its a successful first *real* flip. I also was able to get another offer accepted today actually so we're going to have two going here in the first month!

But anyways I just wanna say just reading these forums, articles, and listening to the podcasts has enabled me to start and grow this new business! I look forward to connecting with all the BP members especially those in Las Vegas! So please contact me and lets meet up!

2Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Commercial Real Estate Broker · Minot - Tacoma, ND - WA · Member since 2014 · 60 posts · 21 votes
11y

@Brandon Turner I used to play in adult leagues against teams in Hoquiam, Aberdeen, and Montesano all the time. Unfortunately, that league folded so all of the teams I've played on and against in recent years have been Tacoma based. Not the minors, but still fun.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Lancaster, PA · Member since 2015 · 102 posts · 102 votes
    11y

    HI Ryan welcome to BP!!

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed Hello and welcome to BP!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Account Closed Welcome to the site! Minor league baseball games are THE BEST. I wish I had a team closer to my house ( I think the nearest is Tacoma, an hour and a half away.) I used to enjoy going to St. Paul Saints games in high school. 

    Anyways welcome and keep in touch! 

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Minot - Tacoma, ND - WA · Member since 2014 · 60 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    @Brandon Turner I used to play in adult leagues against teams in Hoquiam, Aberdeen, and Montesano all the time. Unfortunately, that league folded so all of the teams I've played on and against in recent years have been Tacoma based. Not the minors, but still fun.

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 38 votes
    11y

    @Brandon Turner the last two years I've played against the Saints. Great city! They're actually getting a new stadium next year so that should be pretty cool. Back in 2010 I also played in Everett, WA. Not sure how close that is to you. 

  • Involved In Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Hello Ryan!! Don't usually see a lot posts here from LV so I'm glad I stumbled upon yours. I'm looking to invest in the city so maybe one day soon we could connect and trade some knowledge about the  real estate market in Vegas! Wishing you much success.

    Onward & Upward

  • Wholesaler · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 38 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed Welcome to the site. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    as a ball player you should know its important to hit a lot of singles instead of just going for home runs Good Luck

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 38 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    as a ball player you should know its important to hit a lot of singles instead of just going for home runs Good Luck

     Hopefully we hit a few homers though!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.