Newbie investor in the Bemidji mn area

Newbie investor in the Bemidji mn area

Laporte, MN · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 3 votes
Hello bp community! So glad I'm about to take the next step to get involved in real estate. I have currently owned my home for the past 2 years and have been addicted to real estate ever since. After I purchased my first home I have searched and reviewed properties just for the love of home but never thought I would eventually want to become a investor. I'm 28 years old and I currently work in the oilfield in williston nd and I'm at the state of the job to where I wake up dreading to go to work everyday. Good money to be made there but looking to work smarter and not harder and to not have to leave my family for 2 weeks every 2 weeks. Anyways I plan on doing my first deal very soon just looking for the right property to make profit. I plan on flipping a few properties to be able to buy some rentals for cash and plan for my retirement before anything and go from there. Very motivated to get started and very happy to be a part of bigger pockets. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
3Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Brad Smith 

    Welcome. You might consider man camps housing for oil field workers. Time to build the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 90 past ones to catch up on.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good luck

    Paul

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Brad Smith 

    welcome to the site.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.