20 Year Old Aussie Male, Hi :D I'm looking for a Mentor!

20 Year Old Aussie Male, Hi :D I'm looking for a Mentor!

Real Estate Investor · Sydney · Member since 2008 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hi Everyone

What an honor it is to find forums like this on the internet.

My Name's Paul, I'm a 20 year old Aussie Entrepreneur with a fire to make alot of money in real estate and make a secure financial future for myself and my loved ones.

I'm a huge fan of Donald Trump and Anthony Robbins and frequently use them for Guidance and follow alot of their systems/rules for buying/selling and finding the best people you can to train you.

I have decided to finally take the step and get into what I'm passionate about, Real Estate Investing!

However Every Book I read says ' Find a Mentor, Find the Best ' and so far I'm yet to find any Investors in the Australian Market who would be willing to take me under their wing and help me learn ( I'd offer a % of all profits naturally ).

Anywho It's great to be here and I can't wait to meet, learn and share real estate knowledge.

If there are any Australians reading this I would be honored if you would lend me any advice or help on finding my First investment, In Trumps Real Estate Advice he says look for a ' Single Family ' Home with a Forclosure on the Mortage, However I'm not sure if there is such a thing under Australian Law?

Kind Regards

- Paul

0Reply
16 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 23 votes
    18y

    Welcome to the group...

    Dig in a read... there is a lot of good stuff here!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    18y

    Hey Paul! Welcome to the site. I don't know that we've got a lot of other Aussies here on BP, but we more than welcome you and any colleagues you bring. Although the specifics of the law between the US and Australia are quite different, there is much to learn here about marketing, strategy, planning, etc.

    I hope you find what you seek, here on BiggerPockets, and I look forward to seeing you around the site.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes
    18y

    Hi Paul,

    Welcome to the forum. I once had the opportunity to attend one of Mr. Robbins's seminars. It was a blast. I enjoyed the simple truths i.e. "People like people that are like them, and tend to not like people that are not like them". Intro to his section on mirroring and matching. Looking forward to chatting with you.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sydney · Member since 2008 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Thankyou so much for the warm Welcomes! 8)

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2008 · 691 posts · 12 votes
    18y

    Welcome Paul, I have noticed some workd travelers on the forums, so hopefully someone will speak up regardintg the Australian foreclosure laws. You could start by googling several topics ("foreclosure in auatralia?)and see what you find. Also, whatever the real estate ownership agency is there (the counterpart to our places where deeds are recorded) or a title company, you could call and get information. Then, when you know the laws and what is required, you can dive in. Feel free to ask questions here regarding basic edal structure so maybe we can help. Good luck!

    P.S. I hope you emulate The Donald in every way (except the pink tie) :D

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.