New Investor in Lawrenceville, Georgia

New Investor in Lawrenceville, Georgia

Renter · Lawrenceville, GA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hello all,

My name is Harold F. Hawkins II and I have decided to become a real estate investor, so that I can supplement my income, where I would like to make an extra $75,000 a year.

I am currently located in the Lawrenceville, Georgia area. My daily job is a second shift job where I repair 18 wheel tractor trailer trailers (so I am a mechanic). I do have some background in home repair. My wife was once a real estate agent in the Blairesville, Georgia area. (Elizabeth Hawkins)

I am originally from the Upper Midwest (Detroit, Michigan to be exact). I have always wanted to be in real estate but I thought you had to be an agent to get into real estate. So I did a search as to how to get into the real estate market. As I looked through the different links and the many many ads, I came a cross a free ebook "Ultimate Beginners Guide" So I downloaded it and signed up for the site. As I read and read I began to see that the creator of this site was/is offering information for free. I thought it was a joke, I then read the book and saw that he was/is telling the truth about the free information. So I decided to jump right in and not hesitate anymore.

One last note about myself;  I am an Amateur Radio Operator (Ham Radio). So that mean that I am capable of emergency communications, having knowledge of this community when it comes to someone looking for property that needs a special condition (non-special needs)

Thank you for reading my first post. I will become more active as I continue to get educated, learn, and grow my business.

0Reply
10 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    Welcome Harold! What type of investing are you interested in? 

    I am a fairly new member of BP myself, and I in the Atlanta area and currently working on my first deal ( I am a buy and hold investor. ) I am working in the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area, but My strategy seeks properties all the way down to Buckhead/Midtown/East Atlanta. This site has been and continues to be a valuable resource in my education.  Listen to the podcasts!!!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP Harold. Since you are new be sure to check out the  Ultimate Free Beginners Guide here on the site. 

  • Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    Harold, welcome to BP! Be sure to check out this reading list as well as it will also help get you started in REI. Cheers!

  • Renter · Lawrenceville, GA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thank you Ned for the suggestion. I read the book before I made this introduction. The one thing that stuck with me is GET OFF YOUR DUFF. So I did.

    Dan I also want thank you, I will read them as getting back into book reading.  I have already bookmarked the page so I will not lose the list.

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 128 posts · 64 votes
    12y

    Welcome and congratulations on your decision!  I work in Lawrenceville.  If you ever want to get lunch some day send me a message. 

  • Real Estate Lender · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    @Harold H. 

    @Robert Anderson 

    @Devan M. 

    @Heather W. 

    Welcome Harold H.

    I am an investor in Atlanta. I have been in Atlanta all my life I know this city and real estate very well. If you guys need any advice please contact me.

    Heather W. lunch would be great, let me know if you want to schedule something.

  • Little Elm, TX · Member since 2014 · 356 posts · 47 votes
    11y

    @heather w. And @ardie Stephens what kind of investing do you partake in?

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes
    11y

    @Harold H. Welcome to BP the best real estate site on the planet.

    This site is a great resource for all types of investors. Quick tip: Make sure to add keywords for areas of interest  http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2012/12/19...

    Good Luck

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP! 

    There are lots of us who are building a real estate around a full time job! We love our W2 incomes to leverage our salaries for investment. Our goal is to use our cash flow to fund early retirement in 15 years :) We are buy and hold investors! We self manage and we own all over! 

    Definitely check out the podcasts, blogs and forums. As there is tons of free information on this site! It can be overwhelming :) The two thing everyone believes in is paying it forward and real estate. Beyond that everyone has their own "niche". 

    Your signature is a great place to put all that contact information you mentioned in your posts. Don't forget to also fill out your profile! This allows people to connect with you. A great way to network is by getting "active". So jump in and participate when you can, at a minimium reading is great! If you find a podcast that "resinates" with you! Check out the posters signature. As many of us including myself, have links to our personal blogs/websites where we talk/have lots of additional resources  about our niche/style!

    Look forward to seeing you around !

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    11y

    Hey @Harold H. welcome to the site!

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.