New Member from Jacksonville, FL area (Orange Park)

New Member from Jacksonville, FL area (Orange Park)

Orange Park, FL · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes

My name is Kevin and I live in and plan to invest in Orange Park, FL just outside Jacksonville.  I have zero real estate experience other than my personal home purchases.  I am a lumber/building materials exporter and have a successful career in that field that I plan to continue indefinitely, but am ready to spend some time and energy on trying to build another source of income for my retirement years.  I am very excited to find a place like this that is such a wealth of knowledge... I never had such a luxury in my first career.  I hope to learn from others mistakes and make a few less of my own.  My current goal is to find and acquire my first investment property by the end of the year.  Looking at a single family buy and hold investment unless something amazing outside that presents itself.     

Look forward to learning with you!

0Reply
53 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engineer · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2013 · 182 posts · 66 votes
    12y

    Kevin,

    Welcome to BP.  There is a local meet up next Thursday 8/14 at 7 pm at Brio Tuscan Grill in Town Center.

  • Orange Park, FL · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y
    Thanks William. I would love to come. Do I need to do anything other than show up there Thursday night?
  • Rental Property Investor · Kailua, HI · Member since 2014 · 92 posts · 24 votes
    12y
    Welcome Kevin Atchison . I'm in OP as well. Good luck and let me know if you need anything.
  • Real Estate Broker · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    12y

    Welcome Kevin! I'm in Jacksonville & can definitely attest to the wealth of "Great & Applicable" information on BP!! It's also a fantastic place for networking with like-minded people. My personal recommendation is to start listening to the podcast.. They're Outstanding! 

    Best Wishes in your investing goals & please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. 

    Reggie Michel

  • Realtor · McLean, VA · Member since 2009 · 184 posts · 80 votes
    12y
    Welcome Kevin Atchison ! I look forward to meeting you at an upcoming networking event.
  • Orange Park, FL · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks Jesse, Reggie, and Erik.  Look forward to seeing you all around.  Glad to see some local guys with experience on here!

  • Investor/Realtor · Hoover, AL · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 459 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP!   Lots of great info on the site..

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Kevin Atchison thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

    Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Orange Park" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

    Thanks again for introducing yourself!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.