Introduction and Opportunity in the Tacoma, WA area

Introduction and Opportunity in the Tacoma, WA area

Real Estate Agent · Puyallup, WA · Member since 2012 · 240 posts · 95 votes

Hello,

Hello, My name is Tim Grothuesmann. I started my Real Estate Investment Company just over a year ago. I had bought three houses through my travels in the military and have bought almost every INFOmercial real estate course I have ever seen. I have also attended a few seminars. The last one I attended was the Fortune Builders one which I really enjoyed, until they announced the price for the continued training($35,000). I offered to pay they fee upon completion of my first deal, but was turned down. That drove me to write down key words and research as much as possible. I found Bigger Pockets and Real Estate in your 20's during this online blitz for knowledge.

I was also brought to a meeting at a company called VESTUS (They are a Real Estate Auction team). They assisted me in purchasing my first investment property from the auction. I had a some bumps with utility liens and learning the Hard Money game. Even though it was stressful, I am Glad I went through it. I purchased a Single Family dwelling near the Tacoma Mall for $111,001 (one dollar over opening bid). It came with a second lot. Already had renters in it. Mortgage is roughly $820 a month, and I rent it out for $1400. One year later, the property is worth around $170K and the empty lot I own free and clear and it is worth 30K.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2111-S-50th-St-Tacoma-WA-98409/89551898_zpid/

I also bought my first short sale last year in Puyallup from a family that was leaving their home and letting the bank deal with it. We ended up getting the house for 130k. The flip took a little longer than expected, since I had to learn the process of lining up Sub-Contractors, scope of work, where to buy supplies and the overall process of flipping a house (most of the work was done at night since I am in the Military and on weekends). We ended up putting around 45k into the renovation. House was under contract after two days on the market for 260k.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9425-184th-St-E-Puyallup-WA-98375/67975565_zpid/

I am always looking for deals and also, just recently obtained my Real Estate Brokers license and work at Keller Williams Tacoma.

I work with the guys who run VESTUS for Pierce county Washington and wanted to invite you to come up and join us on a Tuesday at 530pm for a broad overview of what they do. Or on Thursday at 530pm we have our Auction meetings for the properties that are going to auction the next day. The meetings are completely free and dinner is provided on Thursdays' meetings.

There are a lot of investors there beginners and experienced - Those who are looking for a local mentor or just people to discuss investing with, this is a great place.

Since they work with tons of investors, they are constantly hiring and evaluating Sub-Contractors. A good portion of the Investors there are also sub-contractors. If you need any help with a certain scope of work on a investment or your own house, you can find it there.

Mortgage Companies and Financial professionals are also on hand.

When I first started, the only place I could find a local REI club was up in Seattle. This is local and free.

Keller Williams Office: Vestus Real Estate Meetings
7525 28th Street West
University Place, WA 98466
Just ask for Tim

Sincerely,
Tim Grothuesmann - Broker, Keller Williams
Office cell: 253-394-6083
Cell: 813-385-1031
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]

3Reply
26 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    @Timothy Tooker welcome to the site

  • Federal Way, WA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the information Tim. I am going to see if I can make it as it sounds very interesting and the oppertunity to learn and network is always good.

  • Real Estate Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2012 · 480 posts · 116 votes
    12y

    @Timothy Tooker

    Welcome to BP. Looks like you've been jumping in with both feet! We picked up some REOs and short sales during the downturn. Have heard of Vestus but haven't done any deals through them. BP is a great community with a lot of knowledgable people. Hope to see you around the forums.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Timothy Tooker welcome to the site! Feel free to ask any questions in the forum regarding REI. Hope to see you there!

    BiggerPockets
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Timothy Tooker welcome to the site! It's great to have you here. Feel free to ask any questions in the forums. Seeya around!

  • Michele FischerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Timothy, greetings from a few hours south! Impressive results, looking forward to seeing you around the site.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Timothy Tooker It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Cailyn AunePro Member
    Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 176 posts · 88 votes
    10y
    Timothy Grothuesmann - hey, found this thread. Would you still recommend Vestus as a reliable source for training and education? How are you doing with your investing? Update?
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.