New Beginning Investor from Kirkland (Seattle), WA

New Beginning Investor from Kirkland (Seattle), WA

Residential Real Estate Broker · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 4 votes

Hi all!

I'm new to the BiggerPockets forum - I found this site while trying to decide if I wanted to follow a guru program, and realized that this website could help me learn so much for free! Since then I've been listening to the BiggerPockets podcasts nonstop while I commute for my job as a broker.

I started my "investing career" when I was 14, when I worked for my dad cleaning and painting homes he purchased from HUD bids, and continued through the summers of my college education. I've learned a bit from that process, but haven't yet been able to step out on my own.

I'm living in Kirkland, WA, and would like to begin my investing career in King, Snohomish, or Island counties. I'm hoping to meet other successful and beginning local investors on the forums.

-Alissa

2Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

Hey @Alissa Wersal welcome to BP!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Woodinville, WA · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    Hello Alissa, welcome to BP. I am a local wholesaler and have found BP to be a tremendous resource! I wish you the best of luck! -Chancy
  • Real Estate Investor · boston, NH · Member since 2014 · 401 posts · 32 votes
    12y

    Hi Alissa,

    i am 20 years old as a broke college kid and trying to learn as much as possible as well.

    this website has been great to me for the week or two that i have became a member. people are very helpful

    goodluck

  • Real Estate Investor · Cypress, CA · Member since 2013 · 877 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    @Alissa Wersal Hello Alissa and welcome to BP.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    @Alissa Wersal welcome to the site

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Alissa Wersal welcome to BP!

  • Real Estate Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2012 · 480 posts · 116 votes
    12y

    @Alissa Wersal

    Welcome to BP. Nice to see another local jump in. Check out the "Learn" tab along the blue bar up top. Lots of great info. We're also relatively new to real estate investing. We picked up some SFRs during the housing downturn. Right now we've been switching gears working on cleaning up/organizing our primary residence and learning new REI methods now that the market has rebounded. Hope to see you around the forums.

  • Auburn, WA · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hi @Alissa Wersal ! I'm new to BP and to REI in the King and Pierce County areas. I live in Auburn, WA.

    I'm going to do flipping and maybe later buy/hold. I have done both when I lived in AZ and have completed one flip in WA.

    Welcome! And, I wish you the best.

  • Rental Property Investor · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2014 · 611 posts · 70 votes
    12y

    Hi Alissa,

    Welcome aboard!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Alissa Wersal It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Alissa Wersal welcome to BP! I'm glad you're enjoying the podcast! See you around!

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.