Journeying Back to Investing: Taking the Leap into MTRs

Journeying Back to Investing: Taking the Leap into MTRs

Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes

Hey everyone! I’m Andrea—new to the community but not new to investing. I dabbled in the game several years ago doing LTRs, took a break to focus on a business venture, and then life started lifing. Now I’m jumping back in full-time, diving into MTRs to start, which is a whole new and exciting lane for me.

I’ve also joined the WIIRE (#TheWIIRE) community and have been learning a lot from Jesse’s content. I’ll be at the MTR Summit this weekend—if any of you are going too, I’d love to connect! Look for me rocking a bun and probably looking overwhelmed.😅

1Reply
31 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    Welcome back to the investing world, Andrea! Love that you’re diving into MTRs—such a great niche with tons of potential. It’s always inspiring to see fellow investors pivot and jump back in after life takes its turns. Sounds like you’ve built a solid base, and with #TheWIIRE and Jesse’s content, you’re definitely in good company for this next chapter.

    Wishing you all the best as you get rolling again—looking forward to hearing how your journey unfolds!

    -Christian Tateo

    • Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Christian Tateo:

      Welcome back to the investing world, Andrea! Love that you’re diving into MTRs—such a great niche with tons of potential. It’s always inspiring to see fellow investors pivot and jump back in after life takes its turns. Sounds like you’ve built a solid base, and with #TheWIIRE and Jesse’s content, you’re definitely in good company for this next chapter.

      Wishing you all the best as you get rolling again—looking forward to hearing how your journey unfolds!

      -Christian Tateo


  • Lender · Tampa/Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2014 · 356 posts · 148 votes
    1y

    Welcome back to the game, Andrea! MTRs are such a smart move right now. I'm an investor and mortgage broker in St.Pete as well if you ever want to connect or chat, feel free to reach out. :) 

    • Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Amber Stout:

      Welcome back to the game, Andrea! MTRs are such a smart move right now. I'm an investor and mortgage broker in St.Pete as well if you ever want to connect or chat, feel free to reach out. :) 


       Thanks Amber! I'd love to connect so you'll be hearing from me.

  • Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    Thank you Christian for the warm welcome! Looking forward to sharing stories about my journey!

  • Terrance HillPro Member
    Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 425 posts · 117 votes
    1y

    Hey Andrea — welcome back to investing and congrats on jumping into MTRs! That’s a smart strategy right now, especially with so many traveling nurses and corporate clients looking for those midterm stays.

    Since you already have LTR experience, you’ll appreciate that MTRs hit a sweet spot between long- and short-term rentals — less turnover and management than STRs, but better cash flow than traditional leases. Make sure to focus on furnishing, marketing to the right audiences (think insurance companies, relocation agencies, travel professionals), and dialing in systems for smooth turnovers.

  • Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    Hey Terrance,

    I'm part of some MTR groups that emphasize the furnishings, insurance companies, etc. as well. It's been a journey setting up my systems and getting this one little studio ready but by next month my ADU should be ready so I can go to the next.

    I've also been calling and tracking the leads in Furnished Finder. It's a different experience than LTR, but I feel good about it. 

    Thanks for the post!
    Andrea

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.