New to REI, trying to connect with folks

New to REI, trying to connect with folks

New to Real Estate · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2025 · 14 posts · 10 votes

Hey all,

My name is Tony, I'm 35, just started actively pursuing financial independence and have been really hammering away at learning everything I can. I'm going to be taking some time to get to know people in my market as I kind of want to start local in Las Vegas. What seems most attractive for now seems to be multi-family markets starting out and eventually moving into 5-20 unit properties for growth. I just started getting deeper into BRRR and think at some point I could see myself diversifying into that as well. I also think that investing remotely is something I would do after locking down my local strategy. At one point years ago, I toyed with the idea of owning giant apartment complexes in multiple cities. At this point, I'm not so concerned about achieving that exactly, but if my REI journey takes me there on my way to (or even after) financial freedom, then I'm all for it.

There's still some work to do to prepare financially for "the first deal" and that moment legitimately appears to be about 2 years away. The more I learn the more I look for ways to accelerate that barrier to entry. Until then, I'll be trying to absorb everything I can to fine tune my approach and prepare for managing REI business post-acquisition. My first goal is to hit 5k per month in pure cash flow and second goal is to hit 10k per month in pure cash flow. I do have a third goal, but too much will happen by the time my second goal materializes that my third goal will likely change drastically.

Also, I tend to find myself wanting to ask market-specific questions to agents/lenders/investors/contractors/etc. a lot. If anyone here wouldn't mind me reaching out to you on occasion, please let me know (especially anyone in Las Vegas!!). At some point I'd like to begin a long career in REI and would like to have met some people already that can share in that endeavor.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Tony Klemm

2Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2025 · 14 posts · 10 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Derrick Keller:

    Hi Anthony! 

    Congrats on starting your REI career! I live in the Las Vegas market and have investments and a real estate brokerage in Henderson. Las Vegas attracts investors from all over the world for good reason so I think you are on the right track starting here before expanding. If you have questions I am happy to help. A great thing about my team is we handle the sale and property management side for investors!

    Oh perfect! I will definitely be in touch soon. Thank you for reaching out!!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.