New Everett, WA based rental investor with buy and hold strategy

New Everett, WA based rental investor with buy and hold strategy

Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 26 votes

Hi all!

I am new to real estate investment and planning to start ramping up long term rental properties in 2025, however my first two primary residences were both converted into MIL's and rented within months after closing which effectively followed the House-Hack tactic (we currently rent our furnished basement to primarily traveling nurses for 3-6 months at a time which covers 70% of our mortgage). Now I plan to build a real estimate investment portfolio focusing on a buy and hold strategy (BRRRR) through multifamily properties surrounding the Snohomish County and Everett area (north of Seattle). I am more familiar with single family residences so will likely start there. I'd like to keep my properties within a 30 minute drive from my South Everett residence.

A fun fact about me outside of real estate: I love distance running and cycling. I previously held the Guinness World Record for fastest half marathon pushing a baby in a stroller (Heroes Half Marathon in Everett, 2013 in 1 hour, 13 minutes) as well as fastest half marathon pushing two babies in a stroller (Snohomish River Run Half Marathon, 2017). As you've guessed, I have three kids. :) We homeschool and I'm planning on making this a family business.

My team of three young kids that like to earn money for simple yardwork and my supportive wife are just the start of my team. :) I am hoping to network with all relevant professionals in the field...especially like minded investors in my local area. I would also love to connect with agents with experience in cash positive single family and multifamily rental properties relevant to the BRRRR model in Everett and the surrounding area. I also hope to build my network of lenders, contractors, etc.

My highest priority currently is learning and practicing to identify and analyze properties. If you're open to connect, please reach out!  @Scott Trench, thanks for the example intro post!

5Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

River SavaPro Member
Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y

Hey Travis, welcome to BP!

 I love your story - pushing strollers to Guinness World Records? That’s impressive and such a fun way to connect your passion for running with family life.

It sounds like you've got a solid start with house hacking and traveling nurse rentals. Shifting to BRRRR and multifamily properties is a great move, and staying local to Everett/Snohomish will give you an edge. Building a network of agents, contractors, and lenders who understand cash flowing rentals and the BRRRR model will be key as you continue to scale.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    Welcome, Travis. That is a great first post and also an awesome world record. It must have been a sturdy stroller! Make sure to get to @Leka Devatha's meetups in Seattle if you haven't been. They are amazing and so many serious and new investors are there all the time. One tip: don't force yourself to stay in single-family, but sticking with what you know best for now is good. Good luck in your growth.

  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hey Travis, welcome to BP!

     I love your story - pushing strollers to Guinness World Records? That’s impressive and such a fun way to connect your passion for running with family life.

    It sounds like you've got a solid start with house hacking and traveling nurse rentals. Shifting to BRRRR and multifamily properties is a great move, and staying local to Everett/Snohomish will give you an edge. Building a network of agents, contractors, and lenders who understand cash flowing rentals and the BRRRR model will be key as you continue to scale.

  • Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2024 · 16 posts · 26 votes
    1y

    Thank you, @Jonathan Greene for the encouragement and intro to @Leka Devatha. I look forward to checking out Real Estate at Work.  @River Sava, thanks for your willingness to connect!  I'll reach out sometime soon. :)

  • Nick BelskyBusiness Member
    Residential and Commercial Broker · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 704 votes
    1y

    I have several investors I work with WA.

    Welcome @Travis Boyd!

    Be ready for a huge amount of information at your finger tips. Be sure to check out the free tools BP provides to help analyze deals you may have and also market insights. Great tools that get updated regularly.

    I am on the lending side of things and would be happy to hop on a call with you anytime to discuss financial strategies and help answer any questions you may have about nearly any loan product available to help you on your journey, even if they are not products my capital partners offer.

    We are all here to help you learn and grow. Feel free to ask anything, anytime.

    Cheers!

    Belsky Mortgage, LLC527 Reviews
  • Ko KashiwagiPro Member
    Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 967 posts · 445 votes
    1y

    Welcome to BP! Lived in Seattle for a little bit and I've met many investors over there. Happy to connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.