New investor in Clarksville, TN

New investor in Clarksville, TN

Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone,

My name is Jason. I moved to Clarksville about 6 months ago and am looking to get started in real estate investing. I am currently active duty with the army with about a year left on my contract.

I have absolutely no experience in real estate, but I have become very interested in it because of influence from my mom and stepfather who are successful investors in the Houston, TX area.

In my short time on the site BiggerPockets has already been very educational. I'm looking forward to meeting others in the area!

Jason Heinzer

2Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y

Hello Jason. You came to the right place! I’m a buy/fix and hold investor in the Bay in CA. But you’ll find a variety of all strategies here on the website. A few tips on the website and on meeting some fellow investors:

Search for local meetups here or google a local REI club to network with other investors. On the site, the "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do the forums. You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the ‘vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are ‘awards' to earn on your profile. Good luck on everything!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 309 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Jason Heinzer Beginner's Guide if you haven't already. You have come to the best place to learn about RE.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    @Jason Heinzer welcome to the BP community!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Jason Heinzer Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

    Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts! Great for meeting people locally!

    See you around the site!

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have read and greatly enjoyed The Ultimate Beginner's Guide.

    @Brandon_Turner - Thanks for the tip about Keyword Alerts! (I hope I did the user link right!)

  • Real Estate Investor · Panama City, FL · Member since 2012 · 265 posts · 58 votes
    12y
    Welcome Jason Heinzer ! I'm an hour south of you.
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thanks Bobby. I passed through Mcewen on the way to Memphis a few weeks ago - beautiful area!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hello Jason. You came to the right place! I’m a buy/fix and hold investor in the Bay in CA. But you’ll find a variety of all strategies here on the website. A few tips on the website and on meeting some fellow investors:

    Search for local meetups here or google a local REI club to network with other investors. On the site, the "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do the forums. You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the ‘vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are ‘awards' to earn on your profile. Good luck on everything!

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thanks J! I will take that advice to heart. I really appreciate the warm welcome here at BP and the access to the wealth of collective knowledge. Thanks for the tip about tagging other users. I messed up my first attempt at that earlier in this thread.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.