Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Bond Dan
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
Noob looking for advice on rental properties for positive cash flow in central texas

Bond Dan
  • Round Rock, TX
Posted Feb 4 2024, 20:15

HI all,

Need some help. Trying to get into working towards how to get my first rental property that can provide positive cash flow. 

Appreciate any tips/advice on how to get myself gain the knowledge in this area and also to figure out how to find properties that can generate positive cash flow.

Appreciate your help and advice on this

Thank you very much

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Feb 5 2024, 11:50
Quote from @Bond Dan:

HI all,

Need some help. Trying to get into working towards how to get my first rental property that can provide positive cash flow. 

Appreciate any tips/advice on how to get myself gain the knowledge in this area and also to figure out how to find properties that can generate positive cash flow.

Thank you very much

I buy off market to get positive cash flow.

What is it you want to accomplish?

User Stats

Votes
Rajagopalarao Paidi
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 9 2024, 16:56
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @Bond Dan:

HI all,

Thank you very much

I'm in Dallas, TX - also looking for a BRRR OR positive cash flow rental, i can't find any in MLS that can get me positive cash flow, what is the catch, is the market not good

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Feb 9 2024, 17:25
Quote from @Rajagopalarao Paidi:
Quote from @Bond Dan:

HI all,

Thank you very much

I'm in Dallas, TX - also looking for a BRRR OR positive cash flow rental, i can't find any in MLS that can get me positive cash flow, what is the catch, is the market not good

You probalby need to buy off market if you are looking for cash flow.

User Stats

Votes
Bond Dan
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
  • Round Rock, TX
Replied Feb 9 2024, 20:17
Quote from @Bond Dan:

HI all,

Thank you very much

Hi Mike,

Want to invest in single family rentals starting with my first one with an eventual goal to financial freedom. Ideally with a positive cash flow , but overall certainly want to invest in single family homes that i can keep for the long haul to be able to slowly attain financial freedom 

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#1 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#1 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Feb 10 2024, 08:33

@Bond Dan @Rajagopalarao Paidi   There's always a balance.  Cash flow is a function of down payment.  These days in Central/North Texas I would say the better properties will need 30-40% down to break even or cash flow from what I see.  You can probably still buy tougher properties with 20% down that will cash flow, but likely they will be more work.