New Realtor/Investor Jumping Head First All In

New Realtor/Investor Jumping Head First All In

Real Estate Agent · Glen Allen, VA · Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 6 votes

Hello BiggerPocket Community,

My Name is Joshua Ricker, I am a new Real Estate Agent located out of Glen Allen/Chesterfield VA. I am very excited to start my journey into real estate finally. Some background on me, I spent all my career in the aviation world. I am a licensed fixed wing/rotor pilot as well as a licensed A/P mechanic. Most of that career was in the military (Army) but I worked for Boeing for the last 8 years out of AZ. I did my fair share of traveling and contract work overseas.

Have you ever thought to yourself, I have you been in a career field for too long I can’t leave? Well, I found myself thinking that while I was working for Boeing. One morning I woke up and said, "today I am going to make a change and pursue what I want to do".  That was when I decided to leave my career and jump headfirst into real estate. Crazy I know, but successful business owners are successful because they had to be not just because they wanted to be, get used to being uncomfortable is how I see it. 3 months later I received my real estate license in the state of Virginia! I know it’s a rough road, but I am prepared to take the hits and ready to do whatever it takes to be a successful agent and investor.

I have always been an introvert but again I am ready to be uncomfortable to make positive change within myself. I am starting by making this post to put myself out there to make connections and have those conversations to learn and become a better me. I am looking forward to being part of the community and this awesome career field. Hoping to hear from all of you and tell my success story later when I am crushed all my goals.

0Reply
22 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jacob SloopBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2020 · 274 posts · 111 votes
    3y

    Congrats on taking the leap !!

    Consistent, persistent action will yield results..

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Joshua, welcome to BiggerPockets!

  • Real Estate Agent · Glen Allen, VA · Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sloane Kraftsow:

    Hi Joshua! Welcome to the BP community! This site is an incredible platform that has numerous resources so definitely take advantage of it all. I'd love to get you started with your first rental property.

    Would love to connect.


     Thanks you! I am definitely taking any advantages that I can.  I have been following BP for a while but now I can jump in and act.  I am for sure excited to start this adventure.  I would love to connect.

  • Real Estate Agent · Glen Allen, VA · Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jacob Sloop:

    Congrats on taking the leap !!

    Consistent, persistent action will yield results..


     Thank you Jacob!  Not getting any younger so didn't want to waste anymore time lol 

  • Real Estate Agent · Glen Allen, VA · Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Julio Gonzalez:

    Hi Joshua, welcome to BiggerPockets!


     Thank you Julio!

  • Kevin C.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 76 posts · 17 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joshua Ricker:
    Quote from @Julio Gonzalez:

    Hi Joshua, welcome to BiggerPockets!


     Thank you Julio!

    Hey Joshua - welcome! Hit me up if you ever want to chat with another local investor!
  • Real Estate Agent · Glen Allen, VA · Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kevin C.:
    Quote from @Joshua Ricker:
    Quote from @Julio Gonzalez:

    Hi Joshua, welcome to BiggerPockets!


     Thank you Julio!

    Hey Joshua - welcome! Hit me up if you ever want to chat with another local investor!

     Thanks! For sure will do that.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.