New member- interested in real estate in Brevard county, FL

New member- interested in real estate in Brevard county, FL

Member since 2022 · 67 posts · 10 votes

Hello everyone! My name is Cindy. My husband and I are looking to relocate to Brevard county FL and am interested in real estate there. We are looking to buy around January ideally but wondering if we should wait and rent a place for a few months to see if prices cools down.  Ideally we would like a multi unit and live in one of the units for 1-2 years while renting our the others. Or buy a single family home, live in it 1-2 years, rent it out and purchase another. The market seems very high there still.  I am also afraid it may just increase further if we wait longer. 

Is anyone from that area who would have insight or advice? 


Any recommendations on real estate agents that wor with investors in that area?

Any up and comming areas in Brevard to keep an eye on? I know beachside is very popular (and also very pricy). 

Thanks!

2Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 974 posts · 1k+ votes
4y

Hi @Cindy Joseph, I am a licensed agent in Brevard and it is tough to predict what will happen in the future. Most markets in the US have transitioned from extreme sellers markets to more balanced ones. Brevard is no different. However, where Brevard may have a leg up on many places is the booming space industry. SpaceX, Blue Origin,etc are strong in the area as well as other firms that may support them such as Northrup Grumman, Harris and more. Also, this market did not appreciate to the extent that others such as S.Florida did. Will there be continued adjustment? Likely. However, I wouldn't suggest waiting it out like 2007-2009 (to be fair, this area got hit extra hard around 2012) as that's not likely to happen. Also, multi-units aren't as prevalent here as in other areas. Yes, they exist, just not everywhere. This is more of a SFH county. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 974 posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hi @Cindy Joseph, I am a licensed agent in Brevard and it is tough to predict what will happen in the future. Most markets in the US have transitioned from extreme sellers markets to more balanced ones. Brevard is no different. However, where Brevard may have a leg up on many places is the booming space industry. SpaceX, Blue Origin,etc are strong in the area as well as other firms that may support them such as Northrup Grumman, Harris and more. Also, this market did not appreciate to the extent that others such as S.Florida did. Will there be continued adjustment? Likely. However, I wouldn't suggest waiting it out like 2007-2009 (to be fair, this area got hit extra hard around 2012) as that's not likely to happen. Also, multi-units aren't as prevalent here as in other areas. Yes, they exist, just not everywhere. This is more of a SFH county. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

  • Member since 2022 · 67 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Tchaka Owen:

    Hi @Cindy Joseph, I am a licensed agent in Brevard and it is tough to predict what will happen in the future. Most markets in the US have transitioned from extreme sellers markets to more balanced ones. Brevard is no different. However, where Brevard may have a leg up on many places is the booming space industry. SpaceX, Blue Origin,etc are strong in the area as well as other firms that may support them such as Northrup Grumman, Harris and more. Also, this market did not appreciate to the extent that others such as S.Florida did. Will there be continued adjustment? Likely. However, I wouldn't suggest waiting it out like 2007-2009 (to be fair, this area got hit extra hard around 2012) as that's not likely to happen. Also, multi-units aren't as prevalent here as in other areas. Yes, they exist, just not everywhere. This is more of a SFH county. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

    Thank you for replying! I was wondering in your opinion our of melbourne beach, indianatlantic, indian harbour beach and satellite beach- which one you thought had the most potentiol for growth in the future?


  • Real Estate Broker · Indialantic, FL · Member since 2014 · 145 posts · 71 votes
    4y

    Hi @Cindy Joseph I'm a local broker/investor. I live in Indialantic so I can chime in on your question about growth. First I'd like to clarify if you mean growth in population or if you're referring to appreciation? 

    If you're talking population, then I would say Satellite Beach as there is more area for new construction. For example, the new neighborhood (The Vue) across from Hightower Beach Park.

    If you're referring to appreciation, it's likely a toss up between the 4 cities. I've always preferred Indialantic or Melbourne Beach. For me they are more desirable than Satellite or Indian Harbour. Also, when I refer to Melbourne Beach, I'm talking north of Spessard Holland Golf course. Past there is actually Brevard county unicorporated and for many people it's a bit too far from town. 

    Feel free to reach out if you have questions, I love this area and am happy to share.

  • Member since 2022 · 67 posts · 10 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Scott Schuetz:

    Hi @Cindy Joseph I'm a local broker/investor. I live in Indialantic so I can chime in on your question about growth. First I'd like to clarify if you mean growth in population or if you're referring to appreciation? 

    If you're talking population, then I would say Satellite Beach as there is more area for new construction. For example, the new neighborhood (The Vue) across from Hightower Beach Park.

    If you're referring to appreciation, it's likely a toss up between the 4 cities. I've always preferred Indialantic or Melbourne Beach. For me they are more desirable than Satellite or Indian Harbour. Also, when I refer to Melbourne Beach, I'm talking north of Spessard Holland Golf course. Past there is actually Brevard county unicorporated and for many people it's a bit too far from town. 

    Feel free to reach out if you have questions, I love this area and am happy to share.


     thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 974 posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Cindy Joseph:

    Hi Cindy,

    From an investment standpoint (ie, appreciation), I don't see much difference in any of them as they're all beach areas and are all desirable. To the neophyte, it's one big long beach. Think of the Outer Banks.....my first time there I was disappointed to find out that we weren't staying in Kitty Hawk, we were in Kill Devil Hills. Once I arrived, I realized it's one long beach from the causeway down past Nags Head. If not for the mile markers, you might not even know which beach you're on. Similar situation here. Where things could change for you is based on what sort of investing you plan on doing. If you're going to buy for long term rental, all those locations are good. If you're looking at STRs, not all of them allow it. If you'll narrow down a bit your objectives, I'll gladly answer any other questions. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.