Brand new investor relocating to Chattanooga TN!

Brand new investor relocating to Chattanooga TN!

Investor · Chattanooga TN, Murray KY · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone! My name is Ray and I've been following BiggerPockets for around a year now, learning everything I can. I'm 32 years old and am a district manager in the restaurant industry, as well as an Army Veteran.

So far I own 1 property that I used a VA loan on last year in Kentucky and will be relocating to Chattanooga TN in a couple months for work. Fortunately I had learned just enough before I purchased this house that It will rent with a cash flow of over 300/mo even though that was not the intention when I purchased it.

Over the next few years, I plan to purchase at a minimum of 1 property a year as I build my portfolio and plan to transition into large multifamilies after I gain more experience.

I plan to try a little bit of everything to find what I like most. My first goal is to build my Team in Chattanooga and start with a BRRRR by next year.

I look forward to getting to know you all and be as much help as possible as we all grow our businesses!

2Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Paul GrantBusiness Member
Property Manager · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 7 votes
4y

Welcome to Chattanooga Raymond!  Its a great market to start in.  Chattanooga has a great community of investors as well with a couple of meetups.

RPM Ascension4.729 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Paul GrantBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Welcome to Chattanooga Raymond!  Its a great market to start in.  Chattanooga has a great community of investors as well with a couple of meetups.

    RPM Ascension4.729 Reviews
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Raymond! Glad to have you as part of this community! 

  • Investor · Chattanooga TN, Murray KY · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Paul Grant:

    Welcome to Chattanooga Raymond!  Its a great market to start in.  Chattanooga has a great community of investors as well with a couple of meetups.

    Thank you! I'll definitely be heading to meet ups as often as I can. 
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Paul Grant:

    Welcome to Chattanooga Raymond!  Its a great market to start in.  Chattanooga has a great community of investors as well with a couple of meetups.


     Paul

    curious if you have or know of anyone with properties in chattanooga area that are lower valued. Have someone I know who is on state assistance and looking for a place. Curious if know of any trailers or places nearby for sale. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets and good luck investing Raymond!

  • Paul GrantBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    4y
    RPM Ascension4.729 Reviews
  • Brian BoydPro Member
    USA · Member since 2019 · 305 posts · 536 votes
    4y

    Glad to have you in the Chattanooga market. It is doing pretty well. I have 14 properties there and we are looking forward a another good year. Let me know if you need help with connecting you to anyone for your team. 

    God Luck! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chattanooga & Nashville · Member since 2022 · 36 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    @Raymond Warthen, welcome to Chattanooga! I am moving back to Chattanooga to work for our family brokerage and hoping to build a portfolio at a similar pace. Would love to connect when you move!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.