New to REI in Colorado

New to REI in Colorado

New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 11 votes

Good morning BP members!

I wanted to introduce myself as a long-time listener/lurker but ready to strap down and get ready for the wild ride of REI. Currently residing just west of Denver in Wheat Ridge, my wife and I are educating ourselves as much as possible and hoping to create our first deal within the next year.

We hope to create connections through this forum whether it be purely business or even personal connections leading to lifelong friendships and are looking forward to everything this great state has to offer.

Hope to meet you all soon!

7Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 14 votes
6y

@Dan Kim let’s talk more. Let me know when we can connect. My office is in Wash Park but we work all over Denver and the metro area.

See this reply in the discussion

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 76 posts · 70 votes
    6y

    @Dan Kim

    Hey, Dan!

    Welcome to BP, way to get moving on real estate investing. Colorado is not a bad place to be.

    Best,

    Josiah

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Josiah Patrick Zebarth

    Thanks for the warm welcome, I agree, Colorado is a great place!

  • Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2017 · 110 posts · 69 votes
    6y

    Hey @Dan Kim

    Welcome. Moved to Fort Collins 3 years ago and fell in love. Hopefully you enjoy the state as much as I have!

  • Investor · Northern Colorado · Member since 2019 · 49 posts · 19 votes
    6y

    @Dan Kim

    Welcome!  Wheat Ridge is great.  I used to live in Arvada now up in Fort Collins.  If your looking at house hacking I would connect with @Dan Mackin. He has helped a lot of investors get set up with their first house hack. He also hosts a couple of the BadAss REI groups in Denver and recently put out a video on our YouTube channel (I host the group that meets up in northern Colorado). If you want to look the channel up it's called BARE- BadAss Real Estate. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or want to connect about real estate.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Stephen Spradley

    Definitely have yet to find something I don’t like about CO, and it’s been great so far. Nice to meet you!

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Joshua Hopwood

    Seems like Fort Collins is the place to be these days. My wife wants to plan to retire up there because she loves that area so much. She used to go out in Ft. Collins when she went to UNC and had nothing hit great things to say about that city.

    I’ll definitely look into that channel and that group. I’d love to start attending the seminars once things get back to somewhat of a normal.

    Pleasure meeting you and hope to chat soon!

  • Real Estate Broker · Denver · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi Dan,

    Colorado is a great place to be for REI investing, I recently moved out here from Seattle and have been familiarizing myself with the REI industry here. The Denver Metro area has lots of opportunities for investors. Plus, with such low inventory right now, it really is a seller's market here, which is beneficial to you when you are ready to list your first flip.

    Cheers

    - Luke

  • Real Estate Agent · Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 45 votes
    6y

    @Dan Kim - Welcome to the fray!  Denver is a great place to invest. Shoot me a message if you want to get some insight into any areas that are interesting you and we can compare notes.

  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    6y

    Hello @Dan Kim, Welcome to BiggerPockets, I look forward to connecting with you soon. 

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Luke Eichinger

    Welcome to Denver! I agree, there’s a ton of opportunity and in my opinion, even more opportunity on the horizon but I do love everything that Denver has to offer in and out of the industry.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Mike Wadsley

    Thanks and I appreciate it! I’m sure I will have a ton of questions once we get our process going and when I do, I’ll be sure to give you a shout.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Marlen Weber

    Thank you, I look forward to keeping in touch as well!

  • Real Estate Broker · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    @Dan Kim Welcome to the site! As others have said, BP is a great resource. When I discovered it, I consumed as much content as possible. Buying a house with a mother-in-law suite is a great entry point. I purchased one earlier this year and am finishing up renovations. Happy to talk through the numbers on this deal and answer any questions you have. I also run a property management company that manages in Denver, Boulder and Ft. Collins if you have any PM questions. Happy to help.

  • New to Real Estate · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Gray Hall

    Great to meet you! Knowing that you, as well as others, have had success in finding ADU properties is encouraging. We haven't actively started looking just yet but hope to start that process soon. I will be looking forward to connecting with you regarding PM and will be sure to keep in touch!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.