Kitchen chairs for beach house

Kitchen chairs for beach house

Member since 2021 · 56 posts · 120 votes

Hi, my beach house STR needs some replacement kitchen chairs. When I bought the house, all the furnishing came with the house so I didn't have to do anything. Now, a couple of years later, several of the chairs are banged up pretty bad and need to be replaced. Those are clear plastic chairs -- very good looking, and because it doesn't have any upholstery, super easy to clean. I can understand why the previous owner bought them.

Now it's time for me to replace them, I am wondering if the the clear plastic chairs are too much on the "cute" side, not enough on the "sturdy" side.  I would appreciate recommendations on good kitchen chairs.  Because it's for a beach house, I would prefer to stick with non-upholstered kind.  But more important than anything else is the sturdiness.  I don't mind paying more for good quality, but nowadays, price and quality are not necessarily correlated.  A $500 chair can be just shoddily built as a $50 chair.  

Thanks for your help.


Lisa

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Lisa! Love you but this is a bit too much in the overthinking department. Hit wayfair or amazon and look for reviews! 

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    4y

    Hey @Lisa Marie, I like things to match to some degree. We have a lakehouse and use all solid wood dining sets in both the main dining area and breakfast nook.

    You can find solid wood sets on Craigslist free section all the time in my area. They have been holding up great for 5 years now and still look good. They are super easy to refinish if needed. Just a quick sanding and coat with a matching stain/poly and yer done.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.