Great Winter Markets That You're Seeing Success In?

Great Winter Markets That You're Seeing Success In?

Real Estate Agent · Belmar, NJ · Member since 2017 · 370 posts · 200 votes

Hi All,

I am trying to research some good markets that have peak periods in Dec-Mar. Obviously, mountain and ski towns are easy targets but I wanted to either hear from either those operating in those markets or others in less traditional markets and your success stories.

Looking forward to your responses!

Cody

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Bruce WoodruffPro Member
Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
5y

What about Flagstaff AZ ? Not a very well known ski town, but a good one nonetheless...

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Collin HaysBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Vail and Aspen, easy peasy!

  • Real Estate Agent · Belmar, NJ · Member since 2017 · 370 posts · 200 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Collin Hays:

    Vail and Aspen, easy peasy!

     I have a feeling they might be priced to perfection but thanks!

  • Ryan MoyerBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Orlando Kissimmee Davenport Salt Lake City, Park City · Member since 2019 · 991 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    No personal experience with it but I've seen the North Carolina ski areas pop up a few times on some STR FB groups as renting pretty well for skiing in winter, while still having good summers.

    The problem with the big western ski resorts is they're ALL pretty much priced to perfection (and then some).  The land is just so expensive.  I've toyed with the idea of Ogden Valley and Powder Mountain since the goal of the new ownership there is to build a village and turn it into a Park City style area, but it's already priced like it's Park City.

    Even the mediocre western ski destinations have exorbitant real estate pricing.  And the really good ski destinations have some word beyond exorbitant that probably hasn't been invented yet.

    A couple months ago I saw a $6 million home in Steamboat Springs where they advertised $80k in rental income over the last year. I'm sure most of the multi-million dollar homes are doing a lot better than that but I doubt many can compare to spending $6 million in one of the well known good STR markets.

    Cosmic Vacations4.9174 Reviews
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    5y

    I have been very surprised by how much our SC lake house is rented in the "off season"

    People come to:

    Relax by the fireplace with a view of the lake, girl or guy weekends, visiting family in the area, visiting their kids at Clemson, Holiday getaway with family, fish, get away from the brutal cold up north or the heat in Florida or just get away.

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    5y

    What about Flagstaff AZ ? Not a very well known ski town, but a good one nonetheless...

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2021 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    The North Carolina market is great right now. Check it out. If you need help let me know.

  • Real Estate Agent · Belmar, NJ · Member since 2017 · 370 posts · 200 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @John Underwood:

    I have been very surprised by how much our SC lake house is rented in the "off season"

    People come to:

    Relax by the fireplace with a view of the lake, girl or guy weekends, visiting family in the area, visiting their kids at Clemson, Holiday getaway with family, fish, get away from the brutal cold up north or the heat in Florida or just get away.

    Thanks - this sounds like a nice place to look into. I'll check out lake towns in SC.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.