MARROIT - Homes and Villas smashing it with STRs

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Hudson County, NJ · Member since 2017 · 176 posts · 110 votes
    5y

    @Marcello Di Gerlando

    I am thinking it may have a slight impact to the higher end STR side but I am thinking for the vast majority of airbnb folks it will not matter too much. I see lots of the younger generation staying at Airbnb's more than hotels on the low to med price STRs.

  • Lawton, OK · Member since 2017 · 48 posts · 25 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Marcello Di Gerlando:

    Looks like Marriott is taking up some space with its own luxury STRs. If they continue to do well as this article suggests I suspect other hotel chains will follow suit. 

    What do you think the impact will be to independent STR operators?

    https://skift.com/2020/12/03/s...

    This helps even the playing field for operators that may not be able to self manage. If Marriott manages and standardizes, they will be able to reduce risk for operators and some operators will be willing to take a revenue cut for that. I don’t see it making a huge difference for many of the operators here who are very invested and hands-on with their properties  

    Personally I travel 200+ nights a year for work and stay primarily at Marriott’s. I book vacations based on where there are great Marriott properties. This opens up a lot of awesome opportunities for me to leverage their platform and my “elite” status/points. Bonvoy (Marriott’s points program) has ~120M members so it’s got a bit of clout. Many of those folks aren’t avid travelers, but many are, and the people who travel consistently make up a lot of spend. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.