Lodgify vs other sites to host your vacation rental web site?

Lodgify vs other sites to host your vacation rental web site?

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 541 posts · 715 votes

I've been using Airbnb and VRBO with great success, but i figured maybe it's time to create my own web site that accepts online bookings. Lodgify seems to specialize in this. Anyone using Lodgify? Pros/cons?

Anyone using one of Lodgify's competitors for this? Pros/cons of them?

1Reply
55 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Pigeon Forge, TN · Member since 2018 · 230 posts · 111 votes
6y

We use Your Porter! We Property Manage for a few owners who use Lodigfy and it was not the easiest to set up and sync between all the different platforms. Has taken a few months and we still get double booking sometimes. They do have good Customer service as does Yourporter. 

Your porter is a whole package in my opinion. Pros - owner reports, shared calendar, ability to share vendor calendar links, expense tracking, webpage, easy messaging, automessages timed and triggered. No cons yet. 

Lodgify - unified calendar, webpage, CONS added services is an extra fee upgrade. expensive

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Collin HaysBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    We use Brightside.  Cheap and good.

  • Realtor · Pigeon Forge, TN · Member since 2018 · 230 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    We use Your Porter! We Property Manage for a few owners who use Lodigfy and it was not the easiest to set up and sync between all the different platforms. Has taken a few months and we still get double booking sometimes. They do have good Customer service as does Yourporter. 

    Your porter is a whole package in my opinion. Pros - owner reports, shared calendar, ability to share vendor calendar links, expense tracking, webpage, easy messaging, automessages timed and triggered. No cons yet. 

    Lodgify - unified calendar, webpage, CONS added services is an extra fee upgrade. expensive

  • Rental Property Investor · The Villages, FL · Member since 2017 · 341 posts · 397 votes
    6y

    In addition to other options. Put your listing on Houfy.com, it's free for hosts and guests. You can take your bookings and credit card payments on the site through square or stripe. They do not promote or advertise, simply word of mouth and you do your own promoting to steer guest to book on the site. But I think this is just as good as having your own website.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    6y

    I use free Google business page.

    I can add pictures create posts etc.

    I have a link to Vrbo.

    I get emails and calls constantly from this free advertising.

    When you look at a Google map it shows my house via this Google business website.

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    I have evaluated lodigfy, smartbnb and yourporter. I really wanted to like lodigfy but the things below crossed it off my list.

    1) There wasn't a way to add a cleaning fee individually, it would add it to my total rates that sync'd over. So when you booked on Airbnb it would not show a separate cleaning fee.

    2) The API Connects to Airbnb and VRBO are very odd. I had to fill out a form and then it would take at least a business day to setup. If I did it over the weekend I had to wait until Monday for something to happen. I believe they had to do something in the backend that required manual configuration during business hours. Other property management systems sync'd up immediately.

    3) Customer service takes a while to respond, I asked a question this morning and they have not replied. I believe this is probably because they are from Spain and on a different time zone https://www.crunchbase.com/org...

    4) Costs seem to add up over other platforms.

    RIght now yourporter is my top pick

  • Contractor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 9 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mark Miles:

    I've been using Airbnb and VRBO with great success, but i figured maybe it's time to create my own web site that accepts online bookings. Lodgify seems to specialize in this. Anyone using Lodgify? Pros/cons?

    Anyone using one of Lodgify's competitors for this? Pros/cons of them?


     A lot of bugs there

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.