Ways you are gaining new customers on Airbnb?

Ways you are gaining new customers on Airbnb?

Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 3 votes

Hi guys, 

 We are wondering if any other property managers or co-hosts are having any luck with new ways of gaining customers? Outside the box stuff or certain meet up groups? Thanks! 

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Luke CarlPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
6y

They just keep coming I don’t even try. I’m always booked. Because I rule. ;) 

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    They just keep coming I don’t even try. I’m always booked. Because I rule. ;) 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2012 · 121 posts · 43 votes
    6y

    I think this is a topic of interest to most STR owners. I haven't tried much. I'm only on Airbnb and VRBO for all my properties. I know some people have luck with the other booking sites and even Craigslist and Facebook. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has had any luck working with people associated with conventions or any other outside the box ideas as well.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    6y

    I get most of my bookings via Vrbo and very few on Airbnb. Vrbo keeps my calendar full without me trying.

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    6y

    booking.com

    airbnb

    vrbo

    flipkey (tripadvisor)

    your own website

    you need to do all 5 above, syncing bookings thru a PMS (lodgify, ownerrez, guesty, free2book, etc). Sometimes one or two of these listing sites dominates in your area and you may not even know it without trying for a few months or more. I add on a management fee that equals each site's commision, and guests seem to pay it.

    other ways to try to get guests will be a major waste of time for the most part. Lots of effort for little return.

    I get most of my bookings through booking.com, and not Airbnb. abb guests are discount seekers (cheap) here.

    ignore any posts that follow that gripe or complain about a listing site. I have not seen any of those problems and you are shooting yourself in the foot to not try each one long enough to see if it works for you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the replies! @Luke Carl you dominate ha, congrats! 

    We are not looking for ways to get bookings, we are looking for new Airbnb listings and property owners that want us to manage their listings for them. We manage the airbnb listings for owners. We know how to keep the calendars full. 

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y
    Ahhhh, sneaking in the back door eh? I did manage to read your post yesterday before it was deleted for violating the terms of service.
    Take a look at BiggerPockets' rules for advertising. That should get you rolling on here.
  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    6y
    So do I. Charge a dollar a night. But if you are doing a drive by attempt at spamming, that puts you on par with the We Buy Houses bandit signs, and I don't trust my properties to the desparate or dishonest.

    Originally posted by @Josh Tyler:

    We know how to keep the calendars full. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I'M ACTUALLY TRYING TO FIND PEOPLE DOING THIS, WHICH CLEARLY NO ONE DOES. THANKS GUYS. 

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    6y

    Or perhaps you were trying to do the following, as this is your own words

    "we are looking for new Airbnb listings and property owners that want us to manage their listings for them"

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y

    Travelling refinery contractors (welders, boilermakers, pipefitters) are my rental demographic.  Big burly guys with neck tats that smell like diesel fuel.  I give them pre employment drug screens.

  • Property Manager · Louisville, KY · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hey @Josh Tyler,

    Here in Louisville we have been challenged by new STR regulations for residential zoned properties. However, these local restrictions do not apply to commercial zoned properties. We have been looking for commercial zoned "houses" (it sounds crazy but they're all over the place) that have been sitting vacant for a while and pitching the owners on the idea of STR.

    We have had some success with this. It's great for us because we do not have to go through the rezoning process which can take months!
     

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Hey @Brandon Farmer, thanks for reply. That's a great idea and genius on canceling out the regulation worries. Shockingly Dallas is playing nice with STR's for now, but that is a huge concern for down the road. I would love to check out your commercial listings if you had a chance to share. Are you doing any type of hard loft setups in actual buildings/warehouses? (side note: life long Cats fan and was born in Louisville! Love your city)

  • Property Manager · Louisville, KY · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Cool! Cats fan here as well. I'd be happy to share with you...I've got one listing that will go live on Airbnb/VRBO within the month and 2 others currently ironing out contract details. The listing we are getting ready to post is a 2 bed 1 bath converted office space that currently sits above a real estate office. I'll jump back on the thread in a few weeks with pics.

    Another plus of converting commercial space is that (at least in Louisville) most of the quality space is located within the hot areas of town.

  • Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    I am not saying I’ve been particularly successful but one idea is to leverage your personal networks or social media to entice some family and friend referrals or bookings. When I meet people I always tell them about my hacienda in los Cabos, flip through the photos on my phone, and it has yielded at least a few bookings. I also give a ten percent commission to family members for referrals. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.