Rental Property Investor · TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
I've identified a market 3 hours from where I live in which I am wanting to purchase a condo for short term rental. I see everything being pretty automated (entry, cleaning, etc.) to where I wouldn't need to be at the property. But of course someone needs to be close by for those once in a blue moon emergencies and the city actually requires you to be in the county when someone is staying at the rental.
Are there any cheap options for this?
Do co hosts for air bob still exist?
I don't foresee having to do a whole lots I would have a cleaning service and would make my way into town once a week or so. Therefore I don't really want to have to give a property management company a big junk of the profits in order to make this happen.
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
6y
Co-host non longer exist (at least not in the same capacity) and you don't need one. Your housekeeper and your guests are your boots on the ground. If they both confirm something is broken you call the appropriate persons to fix the item. Don't waste your time with a middle man.
Read through this forum you'll find a TON of info to get you started.
Rental Property Investor · TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
6y
I would be required to have an address and phone number supplied to the businesses immediately surrounding the place as well as have the information displayed in the condo.
I guess I need to find a house keeper who is willing to respond to emergencies/have their information listed. Seems like that would be my cheapest bet since if I paid them well, they might be willing to do it
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
6y
That is exactly what I would do in listing the housekeeper as the emergency contact. I wouldn't try and find a middleman to pay. You could use a service like TAKL to coordinate any maintenance issues.
That is exactly what I would do in listing the housekeeper as the emergency contact. I wouldn't try and find a middleman to pay. You could use a service like TAKL to coordinate any maintenance issues.