Hot Tub Expenses - is it Tax Deductible?

Hot Tub Expenses - is it Tax Deductible?

Corona, CA · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote

I apologize for my ignorance, I am planning to purchase a jetted hot tub for my vacation rental property to maximize rental pontential. Can I deduct the purchase cost (getting a used one), installation cost, electrical cost, and monthly maintenace cost when I file my taxes? Please advise. Thank you

0Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
7y

I think I said to you or someone elsewhere. A forum should not be your relied upon source for tax, legal or other advice. If you are new to VRs, it would be foolish not to  consult with a tax & legal  experts to set yourself up  so you do not get into trouble or lose possible deductions or other benefits later. Following misguided advice may get you into trouble. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2017 · 335 posts · 387 votes
    7y

    Of course

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    7y

    Absolutely

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Definitely

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    7y

    I think I said to you or someone elsewhere. A forum should not be your relied upon source for tax, legal or other advice. If you are new to VRs, it would be foolish not to  consult with a tax & legal  experts to set yourself up  so you do not get into trouble or lose possible deductions or other benefits later. Following misguided advice may get you into trouble. 

  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Lindley Garcia

    It may potentially be expensed or capitalized.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.