How to Handle Cleaning with a Full Time Job

How to Handle Cleaning with a Full Time Job

Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 13 votes

Does anyone have any tips on how to handle cleaning of the unit after guests leave? There is a small window of time each day to clean and it is almost impossible to do it yourself while working a full time job.

0Reply
118 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
8y

@Collin S.  Find a cleaning lady like mine.  She does it for free and I get to sleep with her.  

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Sean McDonnell I'm not sure  what your daily rate is, but suppose it's $50.  You could charge $60 or $65 for the first night, and each additional night is $50.  You get your cleaning fee, and the customer sees a discount for additional nights.  Maybe on the 3rd or 4th night they get a bottle of wine and some cheese.  I've done stuff like that before.  This was to a group of 11 guys in a big house.  On rent collection day I'd have a box with assorted small liquor and big beer bottles.  Another box had things like Hustler magazines, cigars, toilet paper, candy, beef jerky.  The first person that paid their rent had first choice of a goodie from each box.  Liquor and porn always was chosen first.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu:

    @Sean McDonnell I'm not sure  what your daily rate is, but suppose it's $50.  You could charge $60 or $65 for the first night, and each additional night is $50.  You get your cleaning fee, and the customer sees a discount for additional nights.  Maybe on the 3rd or 4th night they get a bottle of wine and some cheese.  I've done stuff like that before.  This was to a group of 11 guys in a big house.  On rent collection day I'd have a box with assorted small liquor and big beer bottles.  Another box had things like Hustler magazines, cigars, toilet paper, candy, beef jerky.  The first person that paid their rent had first choice of a goodie from each box.  Liquor and porn always was chosen first.

    Someone has a clever way of moving his porn and cigar addition over to business expenses :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Niceville, FL · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 136 votes
    8y
    I use two of my Studio/Efficiency apartments as Airbnb units for the last couple of years. I change around the nightly charge and cleaning fee. I currently hav it set at 3 nights minimum stay at $45 per night and $40 cleaning fee. The price of a cheap hotel/motel in my area is $65-$75 or so. I’m lucky enough to have a lady clean my apartments who has lived there for 3 years or so. She has a full time job and works for me as needed 5-10 hours a week.
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y
    Wow this thread has gotten out of hand. It’s important to remember everyone is in a different market. Someone mentioned they wouldn’t pay a cleaning fee for a 2 night stay only for one week. Well my friend, you’re not getting yourself a cabin in the smoky mountains. In my market cleaning fees are for a top notch thorough cleaning person are as follows.... Efficiency - $50-$55 One bed one bath - $55-60 1 Bed with Loft 2 Bath - $65 2 Bed 2 Bath - $75 We don’t have anything bigger than that so I could guess at numbers but I’ll stick to what I know. I add $10 to $20 to that number for my fee to manage the housekeepers and pay the taxes. Every cabin on the Gatlinburg Pigeon forge market is going to be within $5 of that. I have a neighbor that cleans his himself. He still charges the same amount I do. I manage 5 of these things (with a 3rd offer in right now on what we’re hoping to be our 6th). I manage them remotely with a day job and I’m an idiot.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.