My Vacation Rental Pine Island Florida!

My Vacation Rental Pine Island Florida!

Saint James City, FL · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 5 votes

I bought a run down manufactured home on Pine Island Florida this past spring. We have been working our butts off rehabbing it, and we are almost done and ready for guests! 

I should say, we had our first guests last week... friends of mine on the east coast bugged out due to Hurricane Matthew and they came and stayed at the rental. They knew it wasn't totally ready, but it was a roof over their head and they had electricity. 

If you would like to see.... here is my Facebook page for the property. We named her FishTales. https://www.facebook.com/FishTalesVacationRental/

And can post some before and after photos as well if there is any interest. All together, I put about $25,000 into the fix. But I bought it at a good price, so not too worried. Will rent for $3200 a month and $1500 a week. Should be no problem getting at least Dec-March.... the rest will be up to me and marketing it. 

1Reply
27 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Bernee Brawn

    Welcome. We are neighbors. I live in Naples. My primary investing focus has been Cape Coral. Keep us informed how your rental works out. Also, we have a local REIA that meets in Ft Myers. Send a PM and I will send over their info.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 175 votes
    9y

    Welcome! I was vacationing on the east coast in Delray and escaped to Pine Island as well when the hurricane came. We were down in St. James City which is where I'd guess your rental is. Best of luck and will look at the pics tomorrow.

  • Real Estate Professional · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 279 posts · 109 votes
    9y

    Welcome, and good luck, Bernee! Loving the name you chose for the property. :) 

  • Saint James City, FL · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hi again.. thought I would give you an update on our progress. The good news is, we are booked for the last week of December through the end of March!! 

    Now I am beginning to work on spring and summer rentals... that might be a bit harder. In season here, (yes am in St. James City) is pretty easy off season not quite so much. 

    Hopefully, our renters will be good to us!!!! Luckily I live just a couple of blocks away and will be keeping an eye on the place. 

    Happy holidays to you all. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Loganville, GA · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Bernee Brawn

    Hello. Not sure if you still live in St James City. My wife and myself are buying a second home there. I was looking for posts and saw yours. Any updates info on your rental journey? Thanks, John

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.