I got my article published in the LA Times re: the vrbo fees

I got my article published in the LA Times re: the vrbo fees

Investor · Kihei, HI · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 7 votes

Hi, they misspelled my name, of course It's Dori Warner! We are part of a vrbo group fighting these high fees, so join us if you are a vrbo/homeaway user. It's on facebook, I can get the link, if needed. Here's the article: http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-tr-spot-20160410-story.html  

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 33 votes
    10y

    Great article! 

    Here in Gatlinburg Tennessee my rentals come mainly from Flipkey/Trip Advisor now. Homeaway/VRBO were my primary source for years until March 2015 when it all went downhill with them. They are greedy you know whats and that is all they care about. Telling us the fee is for more advertising and lying to the renters. 

    I am dying to see how the class action goes there. I paid for a listing in December and am very sorry for it. Now receiving about 100 page views a month compared to several thousand views per property on Trip Advisor. 

    Good luck on the class action. I am interested to see how it works out. 

    Happy renting!

  • Principal · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2010 · 200 posts · 89 votes
    10y

    Excellent article.  their fees are out of control and they are double ending both sides.  We switched to air bnb for our vacation rental and have been steadily occupied. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.