Best financial management app for short term rentals?

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
2y

I’d probably get a new bank. Much lower learning curve and Stessa is great. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · North Fork, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 631 votes
    2y

    I’d probably get a new bank. Much lower learning curve and Stessa is great. 

  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    When it comes to banking for STR properties, we always recommend Relay.

  • John SemioliPro Member
    OP
    Specialist · Long Island/NYC metro area · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 14 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nancy Bachety:

    I’d probably get a new bank. Much lower learning curve and Stessa is great. 


  • John SemioliPro Member
    OP
    Specialist · Long Island/NYC metro area · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 14 votes
    2y

    100% agree!  😆 

  • Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    2y

    So I set up multiple bank accounts in Relay with my EIN number that way all transactions flow through the same account. 

    For bills and other expenses I charge them all to a credit card that has good reward points. 

    I pay that card every month so it doesn’t accrue any interest that card is paid from the Relay bank account so the expenses are tracked. 

    This makes it really easy at Tax time since all of the transactions for a specific property hit one credit card through the year. 

    I use Monarch to keep track of all my expenses. 

    You can set filters that allow you to narrow down which accounts you are looking at. 

    If the different properties correlate with different account it gives you a really clear simple picture. 

    I track everything through Monarch personal stuff include because the filters work really good and it gives me a clear financial picture of all my finances as I work towards FI. 

    If you like I’d be happy to jump on a call and help you get things set up. 

    Monarch is offering 50% off right now with code Mint50 which in my opinion is a steal. 

  • Member since 2023 · 103 posts · 19 votes
    2y

    @John Semioli are you using some obscure bank? 

    I used to use spreadsheets, then moved to when QB as my portfolio grew, now on Digb because I have multiple LLC and I don't want to have to buy QB subscription for each. Also, QB standard account code need to be modified to handle real estate expenses and income.

  • Real Estate Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2017 · 543 posts · 474 votes
    2y

    @John Semioli REI Hub. Switched from Stessa to REI Hub and love it, as do all the other owners I have referred there. (No vested interest, just a happy user)

  • John SemioliPro Member
    OP
    Specialist · Long Island/NYC metro area · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 14 votes
    2y
    Quotes from @Justin Parham:

    So I set up multiple bank accounts in Relay with my EIN number that way all transactions flow through the same account. 

    For bills and other expenses I charge them all to a credit card that has good reward points. 

    I pay that card every month so it doesn’t accrue any interest that card is paid from the Relay bank account so the expenses are tracked. 

    This makes it really easy at Tax time since all of the transactions for a specific property hit one credit card through the year. 

    I use Monarch to keep track of all my expenses. 

    You can set filters that allow you to narrow down which accounts you are looking at. 

    If the different properties correlate with different account it gives you a really clear simple picture. 

    I track everything through Monarch personal stuff include because the filters work really good and it gives me a clear financial picture of all my finances as I work towards FI. 

    If you like I’d be happy to jump on a call and help you get things set up. 

    Monarch is offering 50% off right now with code Mint50 which in my opinion is a steal. 

    Great stuff!!  Thank you!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.