Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Heather Hall
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fallbrook, CA (San Diego area)
Votes |
Converting primary residence to STR due to neighbor noise

Heather Hall
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fallbrook, CA (San Diego area)
Posted May 16 2024, 16:04

Hi Folks, I scoured the boards but could not find previous posts specific to this issue . . . We live in unincorporated San Diego county and we purchased our primary residence 3 years ago.  One year ago, a business owner purchased the land next to us and now operates firearms weekly, sometimes 15-20 hours per week of shooting.  Because of the location, this is permissible per county regulations, even though the residential neighbors are having a tough time with it.

So, we have to move and convert our home into a STR (we cannot sell the property because it is 2 homes and an elderly family member lives in the other home and cannot move). Has anyone dealt with noise like this near your Airbnb? Or a similar situation ? Any suggestions for how to talk to guests so they know what to expect but the property is still appealing ?

It is a gorgeous, rural property with incredible views . . . Very peaceful . . . When there is no shooting. 

Loading replies...