User Stats

Votes
Gabrielle Jean
Votes |
First Steps Towards STR Co-hosting

Gabrielle Jean
Posted Feb 21 2024, 09:12

Greetings everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm excited to join this community and share a bit about myself. I'm a twenty-year-old currently serving in the military, and I've been considering exploring opportunities in Airbnb co-hosting. With a background in retail and customer service, I believe I possess skills that could be valuable in this field.

However, before diving headfirst into this new venture, I want to make sure I have a clear understanding of what exactly co-hosting responsibilities entail. While I've done some research on the topic, I feel that hearing from those with firsthand experience could provide invaluable insights.

From what I gather, co-hosting involves assisting Airbnb hosts with various tasks, ranging from guest communication and check-ins to cleaning and maintenance. But I'm curious to know more about the day-to-day realities of being a co-host. What are some unexpected challenges you've faced? What skills have proven to be most crucial in this role? And perhaps most importantly, what level of commitment is typically expected from co-hosts? Lastly is this a good investment at the age I am at currently, or is there anything similar to this career field that is in turn a great investment. 

I'm eager to learn from your experiences and perspectives. Any advice, tips, or personal anecdotes you could share would be greatly appreciated as I contemplate taking the leap into the world of Airbnb co-hosting.

Thank you all in advance for your insights and guidance!

User Stats

Votes
Kate Stoermer
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied Feb 29 2024, 06:54

There are a couple of courses out there to train co-hosts - and likely those programs help you find leads to get started.  I know Bill Faeth has a program for sure.  I'd advise starting there. 

I'll note co-host is a pretty broad description and it will be up to you and your clients to refine what the job is. That said, the key - number one role, of any STR is to optimize revenue and STR is all about marketing and positioning the offer (the listing) - getting the pricing, photos, and copy correct in addition to delivering an A+ experience. A co-host will be expected to know this and how to achieve it and execute on it in order to be successful.

Also, keep in mind some states are very strict about what it means to be a co-host.  

Good luck!  

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
#5 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied Feb 29 2024, 14:04

We co-host and I would be happy to connect with you! Feel free to reach out and ask all the questions you may have!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 30 2024, 13:06

@Sarah Kensinger, would you mind sharing the contract you use? Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied Apr 30 2024, 13:10
Quote from @Michael Hayek:

@Sarah Kensinger, would you mind sharing the contract you use? Thank you.

We actually can't since the majority of it came from a mastermind membership. Sorry about that! But if you need a contract, it might be worth joining a small coaching group for a couple thousand and receive everything you would need to start co-hosting, plus great support! The price wouldn't be that different if you hired a good attorney to write one up for you. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 30 2024, 13:12

I completely understand! Thanks for the quick response. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 4 2024, 17:28
Quote from @Sarah Kensinger :

We co-host and I would be happy to connect with you! Feel free to reach out and ask all the questions you may have!

Hey I'm new to this as well... Do you mind if I also reach out for some tips? Would highly appreciate it!

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied May 4 2024, 18:26
Quote from @Luis Pescarez:
Quote from @Sarah Kensinger:

Hey I'm new to this as well... Do you mind if I also reach out for some tips? Would highly appreciate it!

Sure, you're more than welcome too!

User Stats

Votes
Brooke Larson
Votes |
Replied May 11 2024, 18:02

I cohost properties across North America and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We mainly serve the Southeast USA (Georgia, Tennessee) I would be happy to connect with you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 12 2024, 07:13

Maybe join FB groups like this https://www.facebook.com/groups/STRmastermind/