Where to find STR cleaners. Is Turno good?

Where to find STR cleaners. Is Turno good?

Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 8 votes

Hi guys,

I am new to the STR business. I found a platform called https://turno.com/ which seems to be legit to find STR cleaners. I posted a search and soon got a few bids. I am wondering if there is any gotcha with that platform. Or what else platform do you guys use for finding cleaners?

Thanks,

Xing

1Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Sarah KensingerPro Member
Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

Yes, this platform is a great tool for STR hosts! Even though Turno does a great job vetting the cleaners, make sure they have good reviews and interview them for your property to see if the cleaner would be a good fit.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Yes, this platform is a great tool for STR hosts! Even though Turno does a great job vetting the cleaners, make sure they have good reviews and interview them for your property to see if the cleaner would be a good fit.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Turno is awesome. Makes life much easier and the review/photo process keeps quality high.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y

    I just tried it.

    The high bids came in first. I waited a few days and then reasonable priced quotes with good reviews came in.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    I have tried it and it is a good site to use.

    I will say that I got a ton of quotes that were very reasonable, but I don't think most of them realized how far outside of town the lake house is.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2019 · 235 posts · 118 votes
    3y

    I'm a huge fan of Turno, and it's become an invaluable tool for all seven of my short-term rentals (STRs). The platform has connected me with highly reliable cleaners, simplifying the entire cleaning management process. With Turno, I can effortlessly schedule and oversee cleanings, and it's incredibly hands-off.

    One of its standout features is the ability to upload customized checklists that ensure cleaners complete every task to my standards. Plus, I can mandate photos for specific items, ensuring quality control. The inventory management feature is fantastic, keeping track of all essentials effortlessly.

    Turno's automated booking system is a game-changer. It takes care of scheduling bookings seamlessly, and in the event of guest cancellations, they're automatically removed from the calendar, saving me valuable time and ensuring accurate scheduling. It's made managing my STRs not only more efficient but also more stress-free.

  • Real Estate Agent · Emerald Coast, FL · Member since 2016 · 820 posts · 486 votes
    3y

    If you have an Airbnb listing, join your local host group and get local recommendations for everything you need.

    https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en...

  • Realtor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 16 votes
    3y

    Turno is great. Make sure you don't automatically over look the cleaners with less experience because a lot of the time they go above and beyond at the very beginning to build a good reputation. I would also make a post in your local FB group and see if they have any recommendations. 

  • Cliff H.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Nashua, NH · Member since 2014 · 587 posts · 477 votes
    3y

    Turno’s great, but as others have said, does not replace your own cleaner screening. It’s like AirBnB’s screening: intentionally as minimal as possible. I’ve found great cleaners there and others happy to go in, ignore everything in the cleaning checklist, and bill back well over $150/hour for minimally viable cleaning. 

  • Member since 2023 · 78 posts · 37 votes
    2y

    I just love Turno. Found great cleaners on the platform and asked all my cleaners to download the app so we could improve the organization of our work. It has saved me a lot of time since then. The personalized checklists are really something!

  • Property Manager · Roseville, CA · Member since 2023 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    Turno works great for checklists and cleanings. I haven't used it to find cleaners yet. Our best cleaners have come from other STR owners or from facebooks groups (join as many as you can)!

  • Property Manager · OH · Member since 2023 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    I started out using Turno, and it made things pretty easy in the beginning. It's great when you need a quick backup cleaner; however, I found it comes with some risks. For a few properties I had in Columbus, my regular cleaner encountered an emergency and couldn't make it for a same-day checkout/check-in. So I contacted my backup on Turno. They accepted the job and even marked the clean as completed on the app. However, I later found out when my guest arrived that the property hadn't been cleaned. The Turno cleaner, with whom I had previously had no issues, never responded to my messages, and I had to contact Turno customer support to get my money back. I had to refund the entire stay and cover the costs of a new place for the guests. It's a good platform, but be sure to develop a relationship with the cleaner just as you would with an in-person employee.

    I've had much better luck reaching out to locals in the area or through Facebook.

  • Member since 2023 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    Hey Xing,

    My cleaners are from Turno. They're reliable and trustworthy. You can accept several offers and sort them out once they start working, anyway. Don't hesitate to go for those who have several reviews as they are the most experienced.

  • Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    I've mostly had good experiences with it. Great way to see the market rate range for your area and unit size. Helps you schedule and keep track. 

    That said, like everything, you have to periodically check their work or find a 3rd party that you trust to do so for you. Keep an eye on the smart lock or camera in/out times, if it seems too fast it probably is. When these types of businesses scale from Owner Operator to multiple teams then QC becomes a real challenge. The cleaner I found on Turno started out great but after a few cleans she subbed it out to a B/C team who didn't care and overlooked some things. My main cleaner found mold in the coffee cleaner basket because the other cleaner skipped it . . . Yikes! 

  • Investor · Tallahassee · Member since 2019 · 249 posts · 93 votes
    2y

    I like facebook groups. Look into your STR market local facebook group. Most have one. For example, if you were in San Diego, CA. There should be a "San Diego Short Term Rental group" or "San Diego Airbnb Group"

    Connect with the hosts in that group and ask if some are willing to share some cleaners. That's been my best experience so far!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.