Any STR Meetups for Investors in DC or NOVA

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Northern Virginia · Member since 2021 · 106 posts · 50 votes
3y

I'm not aware of any singularly focused STR groups in the NOVA Area. Sounds like it'd be a great opportunity for you to start one.

The 2 biggest real estate event meetups in the area for general real estate investing are GRID and Cashflow Breakfast Club. They both have multiple locations around the NOVA area. You will often find some STR investors at those meetups. Myself included.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Hey @Khaled Seirafi. You can check FB to see if there is a group which I am betting there is.

    Also check Meetup.com. There is a lot of meetings listed there.

  • Real Estate Agent · Northern Virginia · Member since 2021 · 106 posts · 50 votes
    3y

    I'm not aware of any singularly focused STR groups in the NOVA Area. Sounds like it'd be a great opportunity for you to start one.

    The 2 biggest real estate event meetups in the area for general real estate investing are GRID and Cashflow Breakfast Club. They both have multiple locations around the NOVA area. You will often find some STR investors at those meetups. Myself included.

  • Member since 2023 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    I would be interested to join one as i am local too

  • Member since 2023 · 43 posts · 20 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Khaled Seirafi:

    Hi there,

    I'm looking to get into STR investing. I live in Northern Virginia and looking to network with other STR investors who invest locally, regionally, and nationally. Any upcoming meetups in the area?

    If not, I'd like to start one. 

    If you start one, let me know. I am interested as well.
  • Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2020 · 95 posts · 45 votes
    3y

    @Khaled Seirafi we've got a monthly meetup that meets in Tysons Mall. Our next meetup is actually in a couples of days. Details here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/1106578-nova...

    At our meetup, a decent number of attendees are STR hosts.

    In fact, I'm doing STR in my house hack, and I've helped a few friends get their STRs setup.

    Happy to chat with you at the meeting or over a drink.

    I also wanted to mention that the Cashflow Breakfast Club meetup is pretty great to get foundational knowledge. I've been to quite a few of Omni's meetups and he's always very generous with his knowledge.

    I've been to one GRID meetup, the topic was STR, and the data was great. Unfortunately, I haven't made it to any GRID meetups since.

  • Rental Property Investor · Washington DC · Member since 2023 · 61 posts · 26 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jeffrey Reyes:
    Quote from @Khaled Seirafi:

    Hi there,

    I'm looking to get into STR investing. I live in Northern Virginia and looking to network with other STR investors who invest locally, regionally, and nationally. Any upcoming meetups in the area?

    If not, I'd like to start one. 

    If you start one, let me know. I am interested as well.

     Monthly meetup that covers a range of topics and allows time to network. DMV Short Term Rental Meetup Group

  • Member since 2023 · 43 posts · 20 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Alexander:
    Quote from @Jeffrey Reyes:
    Quote from @Khaled Seirafi:

    Hi there,

    I'm looking to get into STR investing. I live in Northern Virginia and looking to network with other STR investors who invest locally, regionally, and nationally. Any upcoming meetups in the area?

    If not, I'd like to start one. 

    If you start one, let me know. I am interested as well.

     Monthly meetup that covers a range of topics and allows time to network. DMV Short Term Rental Meetup Group


     Thank you! Will surely look into it !

  • Cassidy BurnsBusiness Member
    Investor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 859 posts · 460 votes
    3y

    We host a meet up every month in Alexandria, VA. We will be doing a Short Term Rental panel in the coming months, mostly concentrating on the Shenandoah Valley / Massanutten mountain. Hope to see you there

  • Investor · Herndon, VA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 11 votes
    3y

    Khaled, there's this CAZA Reston STR meetup next week that seems to fit what you're looking for.

    https://www.meetup.com/grid-caza-reston/events/290176796/

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.