2023 Orlando STR Summit with the Real Estate Robinsons

2023 Orlando STR Summit with the Real Estate Robinsons

Jewel B.Pro Member
New to Real Estate ยท Lehigh Valley, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 352 posts ยท 120 votes

Happy Sunday everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone here is attending the STR Summit next month with Sara and Tony Robinson (Real Estate Rookie podcast, short term rentals) in Orlando, FL on the 20th-22nd. I'm considering going - never been to Florida though because that's where the crazies are ๐Ÿ˜… Zeona McIntyre and Sarah Weaver (MTRs/midterm rentals) will also be there along with some other guest speakers.

I believe they also had one recently, so if you attended, how was it?

2023 STR Summit

1Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor ยท Orlando, FL ยท Member since 2018 ยท 301 posts ยท 354 votes
3y

Hmmm "because that's where the crazies are"....thanks...I think ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor ยท Greer, SC ยท Member since 2014 ยท 13k+ posts ยท 17k+ votes
    3y

    What would you expect to get out of it?

    Everything you need to know is already here on BP.

  • Rental Property Investor ยท Orlando, FL ยท Member since 2018 ยท 301 posts ยท 354 votes
    3y

    Hmmm "because that's where the crazies are"....thanks...I think ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent ยท Orlando, FL ยท Member since 2017 ยท 1k+ posts ยท 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kelly Iannone:

    Hmmm "because that's where the crazies are"....thanks...I think ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ


     I mean..... There is a twitter handle called floridaman that supports the "crazy" comment. LOL

  • Investor ยท Orlando, FL ยท Member since 2016 ยท 162 posts ยท 125 votes
    3y

    There are some crazies but if you come to Orlando you should be fine. Theres lots of normal people too. I second what @John Underwood said I am sure you can find it all or have already heard or seen it all on the forums or podcast. I do not think anything new would be said but the weather is nice here in the winter you may enjoy that.

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent ยท Orlando, FL ยท Member since 2017 ยท 1k+ posts ยท 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jewel B.:

    Happy Sunday everyone,

    I'm wondering if anyone here is attending the STR Summit next month with Sara and Tony Robinson (Real Estate Rookie podcast, short term rentals) in Orlando, FL on the 20th-22nd. I'm considering going - never been to Florida though because that's where the crazies are ๐Ÿ˜… Zeona McIntyre and Sarah Weaver (MTRs/midterm rentals) will also be there along with some other guest speakers.

    I believe they also had one recently, so if you attended, how was it?

    2023 STR Summit


     Much of the information will be discussed at these types of events can be found here on the forums or through other information outlets like YouTube. However, going to these events will allow you to meet people that have similar goals and provide opportunities to network. These vents generally packaged the information in a way that is perhaps more concise and may be able to provide you with direct action steps. The bigger question is whether or not the cost of the event travel and lodging is justifiable based off of your personal goals with the event and what you expect to get out of it.

  • Real Estate Agent ยท Smoky Mountains, TN ยท Member since 2022 ยท 1k+ posts ยท 984 votes
    3y

    IMN is hosting the STR Forum which is in Miami Jan 23-24. Some of us active on BP are speaking at that one.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL ยท Member since 2022 ยท 3k+ posts ยท 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jewel B.:

    Happy Sunday everyone,

    I'm wondering if anyone here is attending the STR Summit next month with Sara and Tony Robinson (Real Estate Rookie podcast, short term rentals) in Orlando, FL on the 20th-22nd. I'm considering going - never been to Florida though because that's where the crazies are ๐Ÿ˜… Zeona McIntyre and Sarah Weaver (MTRs/midterm rentals) will also be there along with some other guest speakers.

    I believe they also had one recently, so if you attended, how was it?

    2023 STR Summit


     Ive never attended one of these seemingly smaller ones.  I do agree with the points made here that all the information you could even imagine of getting there is already here on BP and/or other online sources.  However, networking could provide some invaluable experiences.  However, I imagine you may be a busy person and cannot attend multiple events per year so I would choose wisely.  We have been to VRMA events several times (and IMN investor events) and will say they are large and you can get a lot done in a short period of time.  I would pick what works best for you

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA ยท Member since 2016 ยท 8k+ posts ยท 7k+ votes
    3y

    There are far more crazy people elsewhere than FL. Biggerpockets has everything you need to succeed.

    It's weird that is starting to see more personal attacks, disparaging groups of people etc. Not sure why that is.

  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate ยท Lehigh Valley, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 352 posts ยท 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    There are far more crazy people elsewhere than FL. Biggerpockets has everything you need to succeed.

    It's weird that is starting to see more personal attacks, disparaging groups of people etc. Not sure why that is.

    You're being very sensitive. It's a national running joke that a lot of crazy weird stuff happens in Florida. You can find tons of people, including MANY Florida residents, that joke about this. Relax. You act like I'm being racist because Florida has uniquely bizarre news all the time. Not to mention I'm not a fan of giant snakes and alligators. People are allowed to have preferences for where they travel or not for various reasons.
  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate ยท Lehigh Valley, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 352 posts ยท 120 votes
    3y

    To clarify, my interest in the event is moreso networking as opposed to learning some profound secret information (although I'm sure I'll pick up some interesting tidbits here and there). 

  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate ยท Lehigh Valley, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 352 posts ยท 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Underwood:

    What would you expect to get out of it?

    Everything you need to know is already here on BP.


     Networking with real live people in person haha

  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate ยท Lehigh Valley, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 352 posts ยท 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tyler Gibson:
    Quote from @Kelly Iannone:

    Hmmm "because that's where the crazies are"....thanks...I think ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ


     I mean..... There is a twitter handle called floridaman that supports the "crazy" comment. LOL

    I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about and has a sense of self deprecating humor. Just like I can laugh at Pennsylvania's crappy pothole roads and perpetual roadwork etc. Every state has something to laugh at. Some people are so serious or sensitive...
  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate ยท Lehigh Valley, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 352 posts ยท 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tyler Gibson:
    Quote from @Jewel B.:

    Happy Sunday everyone,

    I'm wondering if anyone here is attending the STR Summit next month with Sara and Tony Robinson (Real Estate Rookie podcast, short term rentals) in Orlando, FL on the 20th-22nd. I'm considering going - never been to Florida though because that's where the crazies are ๐Ÿ˜… Zeona McIntyre and Sarah Weaver (MTRs/midterm rentals) will also be there along with some other guest speakers.

    I believe they also had one recently, so if you attended, how was it?

    2023 STR Summit


     Much of the information will be discussed at these types of events can be found here on the forums or through other information outlets like YouTube. However, going to these events will allow you to meet people that have similar goals and provide opportunities to network. These vents generally packaged the information in a way that is perhaps more concise and may be able to provide you with direct action steps. The bigger question is whether or not the cost of the event travel and lodging is justifiable based off of your personal goals with the event and what you expect to get out of it.


     My main motivation is networking with likeminded individuals in person! 

  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate ยท Lehigh Valley, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 352 posts ยท 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Steffens:
    Quote from @Jewel B.:

    Happy Sunday everyone,

    I'm wondering if anyone here is attending the STR Summit next month with Sara and Tony Robinson (Real Estate Rookie podcast, short term rentals) in Orlando, FL on the 20th-22nd. I'm considering going - never been to Florida though because that's where the crazies are ๐Ÿ˜… Zeona McIntyre and Sarah Weaver (MTRs/midterm rentals) will also be there along with some other guest speakers.

    I believe they also had one recently, so if you attended, how was it?

    2023 STR Summit


     Ive never attended one of these seemingly smaller ones.  I do agree with the points made here that all the information you could even imagine of getting there is already here on BP and/or other online sources.  However, networking could provide some invaluable experiences.  However, I imagine you may be a busy person and cannot attend multiple events per year so I would choose wisely.  We have been to VRMA events several times (and IMN investor events) and will say they are large and you can get a lot done in a short period of time.  I would pick what works best for you

    I am busy but also flexible as I'm self employed and can work remotely. Efficiency is definitely important, although as an introvert, a 300 person event would probably be substantial for me ๐Ÿ˜… that's still a lot of new people
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor ยท Greer, SC ยท Member since 2014 ยท 13k+ posts ยท 17k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jewel B.:
    Quote from @John Underwood:

    What would you expect to get out of it?

    Everything you need to know is already here on BP.


     Networking with real live people in person haha


     Nothing wrong with that!

  • V.G JasonPro Member
    Investor ยท Member since 2022 ยท 3k+ posts ยท 3k+ votes
    3y

    For all we know, you might be able to build a team out. So I think the networking aspect is quite valuable.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA ยท Member since 2016 ยท 8k+ posts ยท 7k+ votes
    3y

    Hey @Jewel B., I don't think that it is racist. Floridians are not a race of people.

    I am not usually sensitive to things, but in the last month we have had people post negative things about all cops, all Asian folks, personally attacking other members, attacking me personally, and most of all, looking for help in breaking the law.

    It just gets tiresome. This has been on the increase over the last few months so I am pointing it out.

    I am a huge proponent of free speech and saying what you think. Even if it is offensive. I have the same right to point it out.

    Don't get me wrong, I am not offended nor am I offended on the behalf of Floridians. I just think that pointless comments that only deride a group of people without a meaningful reason are not helpful.

  • Investor ยท Lake Worth, FL ยท Member since 2015 ยท 107 posts ยท 54 votes
    3y

    I will be attending. Being able to network in person with like minded people is priceless in my opinion. I have been to bpcon twice and the networking is the main draw for me. Its about being in the room with people who have the same goals as you or are ahead of you in their journey that you can learn from.

    If anyone from the palm beach county area is attending let me know so we can meet up!

  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate ยท Lehigh Valley, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 352 posts ยท 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jason Luongo:

    I will be attending. Being able to network in person with like minded people is priceless in my opinion. I have been to bpcon twice and the networking is the main draw for me. Its about being in the room with people who have the same goals as you or are ahead of you in their journey that you can learn from.

    If anyone from the palm beach county area is attending let me know so we can meet up!


     The networking aspect seems super worth it to me too. I have 11 days left to decided with the early bird pricing.

  • Rental Property Investor ยท Irmo, SC ยท Member since 2018 ยท 40 posts ยท 18 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jason Luongo:

    I will be attending. Being able to network in person with like minded people is priceless in my opinion. I have been to bpcon twice and the networking is the main draw for me. Its about being in the room with people who have the same goals as you or are ahead of you in their journey that you can learn from.

    If anyone from the palm beach county area is attending let me know so we can meet up!

    Hi Jason, did you attend the STR summit as planned? I'm sure everyone here is correct about all of the information being available on BP and other sources, but, aside from the networking, did you find that there was enough new information to make attending the event worthwhile? I'm curious about their "unique" scaling strategy as well. I'm all for efficiency and have no issue with paying for expediency, but I also want to make sure it's worth the time, effort, and expense to attend.

    Thanks for your thoughts.

    Kayce 

     Hi

  • Investor ยท Lake Worth, FL ยท Member since 2015 ยท 107 posts ยท 54 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kayce Tackett:
    Quote from @Jason Luongo:

    I will be attending. Being able to network in person with like minded people is priceless in my opinion. I have been to bpcon twice and the networking is the main draw for me. Its about being in the room with people who have the same goals as you or are ahead of you in their journey that you can learn from.

    If anyone from the palm beach county area is attending let me know so we can meet up!

    Hi Jason, did you attend the STR summit as planned? I'm sure everyone here is correct about all of the information being available on BP and other sources, but, aside from the networking, did you find that there was enough new information to make attending the event worthwhile? I'm curious about their "unique" scaling strategy as well. I'm all for efficiency and have no issue with paying for expediency, but I also want to make sure it's worth the time, effort, and expense to attend.

    Thanks for your thoughts.

    Kayce 

     Hi

    Hey Kayce,

    So I found the actual sessions to be geared towards beginners for sure. The general people attending were also in the beginning stages of there investing career. However I kinda expected this going in. I have a management company so Iโ€™m always looking to network with investors who may need co hosting services or have money and want to partner. From that alone it was worth it. However there are different speakers at this next one so I canโ€™t really tell you what to expect from the sessions. For me personally, the networking is worth price of admission along with the general boost of motivation you get from attending. And it was just a fun conference in general
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.