Using the New AI Bot To Improve my Short Term Rental Listing

Using the New AI Bot To Improve my Short Term Rental Listing

Rental Property Investor · Stewartsville, NJ · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 280 votes

Hi All,

Just thought I'd pass this along.  I used the new AI Bot (Chat GPT) this morning with the idea of using it to improve my Airbnb and VRBO listings.


 I asked it to "rewrite this so that it is more marketable toward couples" and I copy/pasted in my current description/summary I have on Airbnb and VRBO.  The AI bot rewrote it, and it was WAY better than what I had.  I abandoned my wording and went with the AI-generated description...and have now officially submitted to the machines.

The link in case anyone wants it is:  chat.openai.com/chat

Mike

9Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 21 votes
3y


listing written in the style of Shakespeare:

"In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, There stands a palace fair and bright, A spacious dwelling for travelers keen, To rest their heads and sleep through the night.

Our luxurious bed doth beckon thee, With soft, plump pillows and silken sheets, To dream of fairies, mermaids, and the sea, Or simply slumber with no cares or feats.

But lo, our palace is not just for sleep, For in its walls there are many delights, A kitchen stocked with all that thou mayst keep, And a common room to while away the nights.

So come, dear traveler, and stay with us, In this fair palace where joy doth reign, And thou shalt leave with memories aplenty, Of thy time spent in fair Verona's domain."

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave StokleyBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 699 posts · 799 votes
    3y

    Post your copy or a link.

    Not a tech hater but I’ve seen lots of ChatGPT copy that really sucks.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 95 posts · 119 votes
    3y

    I right there with you. I’ve used chatgpt for various things like this already. I typically find that the initial response from the bot is a little lengthy and too formal. I tell it to try again, but make it less formal, more concise and just like that is almost perfect.

    Pretty awesome technology. Wishing I had these bots around when I was in school to write my essays for me.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y

    I think great pictures with descriptions tell the best story. People have told me that is what sold them on booking. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Smoky Mountains, TN · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 984 votes
    3y

    This sounds pretty cool, I haven’t heard of it. I’ve hired writers to help edit / perfect copy for listings. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Apparently they are at capacity right now and you have to sign up to be notified when they're back up.

    I'm not familiar with the technology. Only heard about it but no working knowledge.

    Is there another similar ai tool I should check out?

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2012 · 57 posts · 39 votes
    3y

    ChatGPT is sooooo good! I've asked it to write tons of copy for me that it does well. You have to feed it prompts with exactly what you're looking for.

    If anyone can't get access and really wants to try to get their listing re-wrote, send me a DM and I'll do it for you. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2022 · 349 posts · 301 votes
    3y

    Very interesting, I am not the best writer for things like STR listings, so I fed it my blurbs and it seems to have added some nice touches and even came up with a few sentences on it's own. I am going to have to play with this a bit more.

  • Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 21 votes
    3y

    I've had the opportunity to use chat GPT for a few different things, and let me tell you, the ability to fine-tune its responses is absolutely amazing.

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 541 posts · 715 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Fredy Sandoval:

    I've had the opportunity to use chat GPT for a few different things, and let me tell you, the ability to fine-tune its responses is absolutely amazing.

     It’s pretty amazing. If anyone wants to have fun with it, try feeding it these prompts:

    Write my Airbnb listing as if you’re a pirate

    Write my Airbnb listing in the style of Shakespeare

    Write my Airbnb listing in the style of Lil Wayne

    Write my Airbnb listing as if it’s a Johnny Cash song

    Write my Airbnb listing in the style of an Edgar Allen Poe poem

  • Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 21 votes
    3y


    listing written in the style of Shakespeare:

    "In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, There stands a palace fair and bright, A spacious dwelling for travelers keen, To rest their heads and sleep through the night.

    Our luxurious bed doth beckon thee, With soft, plump pillows and silken sheets, To dream of fairies, mermaids, and the sea, Or simply slumber with no cares or feats.

    But lo, our palace is not just for sleep, For in its walls there are many delights, A kitchen stocked with all that thou mayst keep, And a common room to while away the nights.

    So come, dear traveler, and stay with us, In this fair palace where joy doth reign, And thou shalt leave with memories aplenty, Of thy time spent in fair Verona's domain."

  • Rental Property Investor · Stewartsville, NJ · Member since 2016 · 418 posts · 280 votes
    3y

    Last week I even used it to write a bad review for a guest.  

    I typed "Write me a review of a guest who stayed with us, checked out late and was unapologetic about it, moved lots of things around without returning them back to their original position, and broke a couple of items."  It came out so much better than I could have written it.

    Mike

  • Ryan MoyerBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Orlando Kissimmee Davenport Salt Lake City, Park City · Member since 2019 · 991 posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Fredy Sandoval:


    listing written in the style of Shakespeare:

    "In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, There stands a palace fair and bright, A spacious dwelling for travelers keen, To rest their heads and sleep through the night.

    Our luxurious bed doth beckon thee, With soft, plump pillows and silken sheets, To dream of fairies, mermaids, and the sea, Or simply slumber with no cares or feats.

    But lo, our palace is not just for sleep, For in its walls there are many delights, A kitchen stocked with all that thou mayst keep, And a common room to while away the nights.

    So come, dear traveler, and stay with us, In this fair palace where joy doth reign, And thou shalt leave with memories aplenty, Of thy time spent in fair Verona's domain."


     That's amazing.

    Cosmic Vacations4.9174 Reviews
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.