I see tons of apartments and condos on Airbnb, but every one I call will not allow tenants to do such thing. So I wanted to know if anyone in the atlanta know of any places that will let tenants sublease?
Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
@Chukwuma Okafor you're referring to Airbnb arbitrage, it is entirely up to the landlord/leasing company on whether or not the tenant is allowed to sublet the unit. More often than not, landlords/leasing companies are not going to allow this practice and will ensure so by including a provision in the tenant's lease. The units you are coming across on Airbnb may very well be tenants breaching their lease. When referring to condos, the owner needs to verify with HOA and confirm there are no rental restrictions in the bylaws and covenants. Many condos in ATL do not allow STR, thus again, the owner may be breaking their association's conduct. Hope this makes sense and helps.