Short Term Rental (AirBnB) Investing Simplified - Part 2

Short Term Rental (AirBnB) Investing Simplified - Part 2

When:

Where:CBRE Chicago office, 321 N. Clark Street Suite 3400 Chicago, Illinois 60654

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 34 votes

This is a follow up to our inaugural event in November 2018 in Bucktown!

We organized this meetup for those people seeking to learn more about short-term rental (STR) investing (think AirBnB, VRBO, Homeaway, Flipkey, etc) and/or those actively looking for STR investment opportunities. This meetup will be focused on Chicago and the surrounding areas, but the lessons learned can be applied to any other market. For example, my company currently has STR investments in both Chicago and Florida.

The meeting will offer great networking, but the goal is to have presentations from local industry influencers (e.g. property managers, government officials, realtors, lenders, cleaning crews, etc) so the group can develop the confidence to make STR investments. Or, if you are already an experienced STR investor, the meeting will provide an opportunity to 'sharpen the saw' and develop more relationships in the industry/find deals.

Agenda for the meeting will be forthcoming, but the meeting will be FREE with GREAT content, so please come join us!

0Reply
32 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    All - Excited that we will have the co-founder of PriceLabs (https://www.pricelabs.co/) as one of our panelists Thursday night. Not sure about you, but I absolutely want to learn more about how I can maximize revenue and occupancy of my STR properties.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    @Mark Kappelman Seems like a great event - unfortunately, I will not be able to join. Will there be additional events in this theme in the future? I currently operate an AirBnb and would love to learn more and meet others doing the same thing.

  • Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 34 votes
    7y
    @Stephen Brieloff thanks for the note. The plan is to host these every 2 months. If there is more demand then that, may do it monthly. So short answer is yes, there will be more. Thanks!
  • Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    One key additional update I need to add about tonight...the 321 N Clark entrance is currently under construction, so you will need to enter the lobby from the opposite (east) side of the building (e.g. the Westin hotel side). Event will still be in CBRE's office, suite 3400. Thanks!

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi @Mark Kappelman,

    My name is Porscha and I am strongly interested in learning more about STR investing. I recently both joined the Bigger Pockets community and moved to Chicago, and I am sincerely disappointed that I missed what appears to be a great event tailored to the niche.

    If you have any information you could pass along either from this event or more general suggestions about how I could learn more about STR, I would be delighted - and I would like to sign up now for your waiting list to attend any other events on the topic.

    Best wishes,

    Porscha

  • Developer · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    Hi Porscha - Thanks for the note and more importantly your interest in the STR space! Please connect with me on BP and then send me a private message with your email and I will email you the presentation I went through at the event.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.