Colorado Springs Real Estate Investor Association

Colorado Springs Real Estate Investor Association

This event is brought to you by:Solid Rock Realty | Property Management

When:

Where:Third Space Coffee, 5670 N Academy Boulevard Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Colin SmithBusiness Member
Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes

Colorado Springs Real Estate Investor Association - Join Colin Smith and Brent Bowers at Third Space Coffee on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday's of every month at 6:30 PM. Tonight's Meeting: Building Your Dream Team

Here is what to expect:

Start Date: Tuesday, September 18th, 2018

Start Time: 6:30 PM

Location: Third Space Coffee (5670 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80918)

Cost: FREE - We do encourage you to grab food, coffee, beer, or wine from Third Space on your way in.

This Weeks Topic:

Building Your Dream Team – Everyone talks about it but very few actually tell you who you need. Could be a cash buyer’s list, real estate agents, lenders (hard and traditional), insurance agents, title reps, attorneys, contractors, tradesmen, handymen, and much more! Learn about who are the most important connections to have on your real estate dream team and who you don’t need to waste your time on!

Meet The Hosts:

Colin Smith - Investing since 2012 and licensed since 2014, my niche as a Realtor has been working with Investors in every aspect to bring deals together. I've flipped homes, own and manage rental properties, wholesaled, and been a hard money lender. My goal is find deals and match them with investors who are ready to jump on the opportunity, and problem solve real estate transactions when they come up.

Brent Bowers – Bought my first buy and hold April 2007 and have been wholesaling homes since 2013. I wholesaled 32 properties in 2017 all while working a full-time job as an Army officer by building a team. I have buy and hold real estate investments, whole-taled properties, and have flipped homes to maximize profit while minimizing the amount of rehab required.

What to expect in future weeks:

  • The 4 Basic Avenues of Real Estate Investing
  • Flipping Houses
  • Wholesaling
  • Apartment Syndication
  • AirBnB & Short-Term Rentals
  • Attorneys – LLC’s, Asset Protection, & Probate
  • Finding & Financing Rental Properties
  • Managing Rental Properties
  • Bookkeeping Your Real Estate Business
  • Working With Realtors - What You Deserve and What You Don't
  • Hard Money Lender & Conventional Financing
  • Buying Land at 20¢on the $and Selling Retail Via Land Contract
  • Title Companies, Title Insurance, OEC, & Deeds
  • Building Your Dream Team
  • Whole-Taling
  • Finding Deals
  • Creative Financing and No Money Down Investing
  • Flipping Homes from a Distance
  • Buyer Beware - What to Watch Out For
  • Buying Notes and Hard Money Lending
  • Real Estate Investing Vs Stock Market
  • Deal Syndication
  • Goals Setting
  • Taxes
  • Q&A - Panel of Investors in the Game
  • Protecting Yourself in Real Estate
  • Topics Covered in 2018

    0Reply
    30 views

    Most Popular Reply

    Louisville, CO · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thanks for setting this up. I will be there. 

    See this reply in the discussion

    15 Replies

    Jump to latestLatest
    • Louisville, CO · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 4 votes
      8y

      Thanks for setting this up. I will be there. 

    • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
      8y

      Hi, I am new to BP, and currently in the education phase of my plan for investing in homes. I am a Officer in the military and so is my wife, would love to reach out and connect with you sometime in the future since I am currently deployed. I should be back sometime around thanksgiving of this year and would love to meet up at one of your meetings once I am back.                                                                                                  V/R,                                                           Richard

    • Colin SmithBusiness Member
      OP
      Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
      8y

      @Richard Thomas - Let's connect when it comes closer and we can find a time to get together discuss what you and your wife's goals are and what we can do to make it happen or at least point you in the right direction. We would also be happy to do a conference call, Skype, or FaceTime meeting in the mean time as well. Just let me know what would be best for you guys!

    • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
      8y

      @Colin Smith thank you so much for reaching out. I will definitely take you up on that! Looking forward to talking soon.

    • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
      8y

      My name is Joan Phillips. Someone at the Meetup at Mi Mexico told me about this meeting. My husband and I are in the educational stage of investing and would like to attend. Unfortunately, I cannot attend until October 2. I hope to meet you then, Colin.

    • Colin SmithBusiness Member
      OP
      Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
      8y

      @joan 

      @Joan Phillipsundefined, I’m glad to hear you’ll be able to make it to the 10/2 meetup! Definitely introduce yourself either before or after as I would love to get connected with you and see what we can do to get you going from education to hands on investing! 

    • Rental Property Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 8 votes
      8y

      Thanks for organizing this @Colin Smith.  I should be able to come for the first time to the 10/2 meeting too, @Joan Phillips!  Really looking forward to meeting others in the community.  We've got two rentals but we kind of came into investing sideways so I'm enjoying learning more.

    • Colin SmithBusiness Member
      OP
      Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
      8y

      @Erin Genz - That is great to hear you'll make it to the 10/2 meet up as well! Definitely introduce yourself as its easy to get lost in the group and I may miss you guys. I am a tall guy so easy to pick out in the group. See you guys then!

    • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
      8y

      @Colin Smith and @Erin Genz I look forward to meeting you both!! Thanks!

    • Louisville, CO · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 4 votes
      8y

      Colin Smith. Something came up and I can't make it tomorrow. Sorry next time

    • Colin SmithBusiness Member
      OP
      Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
      8y

      @Manoj N. - That is no problem. Hopefully we will see you at the next one then in two weeks!

    • Financial Advisor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
      7y

      Colin is this event still going on? I was going to try and make it Tuesday 11/20 if it is.

    • Colin SmithBusiness Member
      OP
      Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
      7y

      @Michael Didion - Yes, the next meetup is on 11/20. I should hopefully get it posted this weekend so keep an eye out for it!

    • Coppell, TX · Member since 2015 · 485 posts · 310 votes
      7y

      is Brent here on BP? 

      Thanks

    • Colin SmithBusiness Member
      OP
      Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
      7y

      @Brent Bowers ----  @Maurice 

      @Maurice D.undefined

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.