South Austin Real Estate Investor Group June 2018

South Austin Real Estate Investor Group June 2018

When:

Where:Texican Cafe, Texican Cafe, 11940 Manchaca Rd Austin, Texas 78748

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes

Our meetup will be held Wednesday, June 20th at Texican Cafe, 11940 Manchaca Rd from 7-9. 


The speaker this month will be Cort Chalfant w/ Nexus Private Capital who will be offering a workshop on funding investments. The workshop will follow real examples of creative funding of recent projects and help understand how you can use these practices in your own venture.

We will also have a Q&A session on any deals you are progressing as well as the opportunity to network with like minded investors.

Thanks,

Scott MacDonald

2Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 39 votes
8y

Sounds great. I've closed majority of my deals with Cort. Definitely going to attend this meet up. 

@Account Closed Let's hit this up. 

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y
  • Real Estate Broker · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 39 votes
    8y

    Sounds great. I've closed majority of my deals with Cort. Definitely going to attend this meet up. 

    @Account Closed Let's hit this up. 

  • Naji SabaPro Member
    Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the heads up!  I should be in town.  @Madelyn N miser

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I a just starting out.

    Cannot wait to attend.

  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Great Ian, glad to have you join us. 

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thanks, Scott.

    I hit a few snags but I am still pushing forward.

    I am looking forward to this meeting with great anticipation.

  • Jason GrotePro Member
    Developer · Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 286 posts · 88 votes
    8y

    Sure wish it was on a different night of the week! I'll try to catch this meetup next time.

  • Developer · Austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 266 posts · 110 votes
    8y

    See everyone there!

  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Hi All,

    I just wanted to attach a document which will serve as an agenda for the meeting.

    Our guest speaker will also be bringing some very handy tools that will be given away to attendees (but not to people who don’t attend):

    1. Financial proforma model for MSExcel (used for evaluating fix & flip and rental properties)

    2. Construction cost estimating forms

    Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

    Thanks

    Scott

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    My wife and I are just beginning the process of becoming investors, we would love to come along.

    Cheers

    Andy

  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Hi Andrew,

    That sounds great as we all begin somewhere! I look forward to meeting with you!

    Thanks

    Scott

  • Investor · Buda, TX · Member since 2016 · 137 posts · 55 votes
    8y
  • Investor · Buda, TX · Member since 2016 · 137 posts · 55 votes
    8y

    @David Ivy - hope you can make it out or we can catch up for lunch sometime.

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    This sounds like a fun opportunity! My friend and I are just getting into real estate and this seems like a promising meetup. Looking forward to learning some great material! 

    Tony Vargas

  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Great Tony, we look forward to having you along. 

    Thanks

    Scott

  • Pocono Lake, PA · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I'm a new investor from the Philadelphia area.  I'm in town for the summer for work (Travel RN).  I'm excited to attend this event.

  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Awesome David! we look forward to having you along and getting to meet new people.

  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    All, just a reminder the meet up is this Wednesday. Im looking forward to meeting new faces and seeing familiar ones again. Cort has got a great presentation for us all and hopefully we can get some meaningful networking done also.

    Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

    Thanks

  • Toronto ON, Canada · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 26 votes
    8y

    I would be glad to attend this meet, I am new to Austin and would love to make some great conenctions. Looking forward to the meet.

  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y

    Hi Vamshi, we would love to have you attend so look forward to meeting and connecting with you tomorrow. 

  • Property Manager · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Sounds great...Hope to be able to join! 

  • Property Manager · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Is this meeting held every month? ...New to the group

  • Contractor · Yakima, WA · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    Darn! I wish I was going to be in town- hope I can attend the next one and meet y’all!!
  • Specialist · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 75 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Eric Pesek:

    Is this meeting held every month? ...New to the group

     Hi Eric, yes we run it the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Thanks

  • Toronto ON, Canada · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 26 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Scott MacDonald:

    Hi Vamshi, we would love to have you attend so look forward to meeting and connecting with you tomorrow. 

     Great! Scott .... see you then.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.